Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Sold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4, 103k, blk/blk, loaded, maintained, towing!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 10:59 PM
Sentinelist
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SOLD:2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4, 103k, blk/blk, loaded, maintained, towing!

Year: 2004
Make: Jeep
Model: Grand Cherokee
Mileage (numbers only please): 103000
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof
Color: Black
Price (no $ sign please): $8500
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Texas
Body Style: Speedster
Transmission Type: Tiptronic
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 4 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Can't swing a used Cayenne S yet? Need a lux tow vehicle for the weekends? Significant other want you to get a dependable daily vehicle next to your P-car that's in the garage undergoing upgrades more than expected? Then this is it.

Flickr gallery with 114 photos here!

Maintained by a Porsche and Audi enthusiast, on offer is my wife’s 2004 Grand Cherokee Limited with 103k miles that we’ve owned for 5 years. In fact, I coordinated for my then-girlfriend to buy it off eBay from a dealer in Illinois in late January 2007. It was trucked down, and the morning after it arrived with a quick once-over, we drove it to Breckenridge Colorado to go skiing for a few days in early February. I proposed to her on that trip just days after the sale, so this Jeep has been involved in a lot with our ‘new life’ the last 5 years. Only reason we’re selling is the need of more room for kids! We are the second owners- I was told the first owner was a DaimlerChrysler executive in Chicago, which the CARFAX also alludes to.

The Good:
Rare combo and clean. Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl with black leather interior (front seats heated, rear 60/40 folds flat) and the High Output version of the 4.7L V8 (91+ premium fuel recommended) which really, REALLY moves. Will embarrass many sports cars off the line. Cold A/C, hot heater. It has the factory navigation system (disc included) with Infinity speakers, amp, and 10-disc changer. Also including a Delphi SkyFi2 XM satellite radio receiver that you can activate or toss- been using it with the built-in FM modulator. The Jeep has all options for the Limited trim that I’m aware of except the Up Country package. I just installed a new MOPAR cabin filter intake with charcoal filter (shockingly, doesn’t come from the factory with this- just a plastic grate over the hole on the firewall) and I’ll include an additional filter. I just put in a new DuraLast Gold battery a few months ago (5-yr warranty). Have religiously maintained this thing will provide a folder full of records since we bought it around 50k miles 5 years ago. Until 100k miles, we had an extended warranty on it so anything it needed and then some, it got (re: ‘Service contract claim’ entries on CARFAX report). Regularly serviced through a highly reputable independent Jeep mechanic in Plano, TX- no Jiffy Lubes here. Castrol synthetic oil used exclusively in 5,000 mi. intervals. I still engage 4-Lo on the transmission at least once a year and tool around a parking lot some to keep that reliably working, since we never ended up getting around to those Jeep Jamborees I dreamed of. Most recent services at or around 100k (Christmas) included flushing the transfer case, differential reseal and fill, flushed axle fluids, new O2 and knock sensors, new catalytic converters, and new hoses; mostly scheduled maintenance. That stuff alone tallied up $1700 in the last few months- maintenance you won’t have to do immediately unlike others of this mileage. It’s never left us stranded and has been a daily driver for my wife (light duty suburban commuter and some 10-hr. long trips to CO and MO). Non-smoker, clean interior with all *****, carpet just shampooed, recent floor mats, leather just conditioned this week. Always meticulously hand-washed in the shade since we’ve had it. Full Zaino Car Polish treatment including claybar annually- just done again last month, good for another year! Clean tinted windows, no bubbles- I think it has 25% in the back and 30% up front. Cargo cover in great shape. Headlamp covers are still quite clear and have not clouded up like most WJs this age. Has never been taken off-road beyond a few gravel roads. New full-size Goodyear Eagle spare tire on matching alloy wheel, aired up, spare tools. Decent tread on the Pirelli Scorpion tires but I would replace before 2013. Everything works!

The Bad:
Nothing really bad, just FYIs. No major dents, but several minor dings and scrapes noticeable up close. While the paint was well taken care of, this wasn’t ever parked defensively at the back of the parking lots. Of any mention, the Jeep was lightly tapped in the rear by the first/previous owner so the bumper cover has a small crease by the passenger taillight and is ever so slightly ajar on the passenger side. It really doesn't look out of place unless I point it out. There are some marks along the lip and on the driver’s side of it as well. Front bumper has some light road spray and a small scrape on the driver’s corner. I'm fairly OCD but never bothered to have the bumper covers ‘overhauled’ as they might need. Nothing out of the ordinary for a 2004 Jeep with this mileage daily driven around the suburbs and some roadtrips, but full disclosure anyway.

Summary and Price:
All the major factory services and then some have been completed for the next many-thousand miles. Just gas up, hit the road, and plan for an oil change at 105k miles. These WJ-platform Grand Cherokees regularly go to 200,000 miles and beyond with this level of care. This is a comfortable and reliable vehicle you can continue to depend on daily as we have. The photos speak for themselves- this is among the best of the WJs on the market. With enthusiast owner care and transparency like this, we want a comfortable deal for both parties. Expecting a quick sale at $8,500. Fairly priced competitively below KBB. Full and clean CARFAX available, can be E-mailed or faxed unless you want to run this yourself. A multi-point, 3rd party pre-purchase inspection (PPI) is available on your dime if you wish to set one up (typically around $100), preferably at a dealer or shop of your choosing near DFW airport or the Addison/North Dallas area so I can easily oblige. Free airport pick-up available at DFW or Love Field. Fly in, drive home! Even if that’s Maine! You’ll be glad you did- I love those trips. Free and clear title in-hand, no lien. Needs nothing at the moment but a new home. Serious inquires only, and I hope to talk to you soon. Thanks!

Last edited by Sentinelist; 04-25-2012 at 06:44 PM.
Old 04-16-2012, 11:04 PM
911 Crazy
SPAM addict
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

My 2000 Ltd has 190k on it and still going strong! Great cars!
Old 04-16-2012, 11:07 PM
Sentinelist
Pro

Right on. They really are, thanks much! And I forgot to add this gratuitous bit that apparently needs a citation off Wikipedia...

"In addition to Jeep's UniFrame construction, Daimler Chrysler partnered with Porsche to further strengthen the frame.[citation needed] This was done to reduce NVH. UniFrame is an unusual construction scheme, it incorporates all of the strength and durability of a body-on-frame construction into a unitized construction. By adding stiffness and rigidity to the structure, they enhanced the ride and strengthened the network of steel beams, rails and pillars (or "safety cage") that surround and protect occupants. More than 70 percent of the underbody is high-strength steel. All Jeep Grand Cherokees feature UniFrame construction."
Old 04-25-2012, 10:42 AM
superfreak
1st Gear

I'm interested, please check your PMs and get back to me at your convenience.

Thanks,

Jesse
Old 04-25-2012, 06:43 PM
Sentinelist
Pro

Thank you much, superfreak- unfortunately it just sold this morning before I saw your messages. I was coming back here to remove the ad, but appreciate your interest!
Old 04-25-2012, 06:43 PM
Sentinelist
Pro

SOLD!

Quick Reply: 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4x4, 103k, blk/blk, loaded, maintained, towing!