Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1984 911 Carrera Track/DE/Autocross Car-$11k

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 01:58 PM
nathan1
Three Wheelin'

Received 406 Likes on 122 Posts
Default 1984 911 Carrera Track/DE/Autocross Car-$11k

Year: 1984
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 149000
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Cruise Control, Intermittent Wipers, Power Windows
Color: Red
Price (no $ sign please): $11000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthWest
Body Style: Targa
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

1984 Porsche Carrera Targa Track Car
I recently bought this car a few months back, drove it over 1,000 miles home and loved it. I am in the middle of a construction project gone WAY over budget so I am going to sell a couple of my Porsches (luckily I still have more…).
If you are looking for an inexpensive way to learn to drive a Porsche the way Ferry intended you to, this might be your car! This is the ultimate Drivers Ed (DE), Autocross or fun weekend racer. As many of you already know, racing can be a VERY expensive hobby. If you are like me and have to appease a significant other this can be a big impediment. What makes this car a great choice?
Upfront Cost-
You can buy this car for $11,000. That’s just about as cheap as you can find a strong running and driving 911 for, let alone one that is all ready to go. Its brakes and suspension are dialed in; it has a full cage, seats and harnesses. It comes with a set of street wheels and tires (shown) and a set of race wheels with fresh tires. All you need is a current tech inspection, a helmet and you are off…
Maintenance Costs-
As almost anyone will tell you the 3.2 Carrera is the most bulletproof Porsche ever built. If given a modicum of care they simply run and run. At its most recent service this car had perfect leakdown, doesn’t leak a drop of oil even after sitting for weeks, makes great power and is a hoot to drive. It is current on all services and is ready to go. More details below on service history.
Condition-
This car is solid where it counts, mechanics. From an aesthetic standpoint it looks like a 27 year old race car. Which means lots and lots of rock chips! The body is straight but it did start life in Minnesota so it does have some rust bubbles. The undercarriage is solid but don’t expect a concours car. I preferred it this way because I have absolutely no worries about damaging the car, which means I can focus on driving. Don’t let the photos fool you, it looks great at 10 feet but if you get close you will see what I’m talking about.
Towability-
This car is set up with a very trick stowmaster removable tow set up so it can be towed 4 flat on the ground! I have never seen another set up like this, but it can be towed behind almost anything. It weighs ~2800 lbs so tow it behind your mid size SUV. No trailer needed!
Upgrades:
Suspension- Hollow torsion bars (can’t remember the exact sizing, but certainly stiffer than stock), adjustable sway bars. Lowered, Aligned and corner balanced. Very neutral, communicative and rotates with ease.
Brakes- The car has frozen rotors front and rear, pagid race pads, 944 Turbo cooling ducts, stainless steel brake lines and is freshly bled with DOT 4 blue. It has amazing braking and is ready to go.
Tires and Wheels- The car comes with an OEM set of 930 Turbo wheels 16x8 front and 16x9 rear (rare) with Toyo RA-1 225/50/16 front and 245/45/26 rears. They have 2 track days on them. It also comes with an OEM set of 16x7 and 16x8 Fuchs with all season street rubber, suitable for driving to the track.
Seats + Belts- The car has a very nice set of Recaro SE Seats and Schroth 5 point harnesses.
Cage- The car has a custom built full cage that both stiffens the car considerably (feels stiffer than my 3.2 Carrera Coupe!) and gives you a huge margin of safety if you happen to have an off-track adventure. This alone was $2100.
Motor- The motor is bone stock. No mods. ~150k miles
Maintenance History- In the last 1,000 miles the following work totaling over $6000 was just done:
• Full Transmission Rebuild- new synchros, sleeves and 1st and 2nd gear teeth. Shifts GREAT!
• Clutch- New aluminum clutch, machined flywheel
• Cap, rotor and plugs leakdown noted at 2%
• E-brake adjusted
• Cruise Control cable (works great for a drive to the track…)
• Corner Balanced
• Left inboard axle boot
• New Fuel pump and DME Relay
• New Battery
What else can I tell you? I fun car that you can enjoy tomorrow….
Old 11-15-2011, 02:47 PM
nathan1
Three Wheelin'

Bump
Old 12-07-2011, 02:40 PM
nathan1
Three Wheelin'

Bump

Sorry I didnt reply to several PM's, I was out of town and forgot to check my account. Feel free to email me direct at:

nathan period merz at gmail dot com
Old 12-20-2011, 02:46 PM
nathan1
Three Wheelin'

Bump
Old 12-23-2011, 09:29 AM
Jay Gratton
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Send Matt Romanowski a PM. He is looking for a 3.0 or 3.2 and is willing to travel to get it.
Old 12-30-2011, 03:50 PM
nathan1
Three Wheelin'

Bump

Quick Reply: 1984 911 Carrera Track/DE/Autocross Car-$11k