Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1984 Porsche 911 Targa project car

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 12:20 AM
shnewberry
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1984 Porsche 911 Targa project car

Year: 1984
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 210000
Color: Speed Yellow
Price (no $ sign please): $10000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): SoCAl
Body Style: Targa
Transmission Type: Manual - 5 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: None

Project car in-progress. Car is located in San Diego, CA.
Body:
Body is complete. Newly painted, no rust at all.
Most of the rubber is new or in good shape. Some rubber seals still need to be replaced.
Front and rear windows are present but not installed. Rear window is perfect. Front window is pitted and has a couple of stone chips. It would be smart to replace it with a new one.
Targa top is in good exterior condition but the headliner needs to be replaced.
I cleaned and refurbished the driver and passenger windows and replaced the seals.
Fuchs wheels in good condition. Tires are marginal.

Engine:
Car was not running when I bought it. Starter was no good. It had 210,000 miles on engine and I decided to rebuild it. Engine is now partially disassembled. All parts are present and in good condition, although none have been evaluated by a machinist.
Mahle Nikasil cylinders.. Cylinder #3 was wet and it is time for a valve job. All head studs intact with steel upper studs and aluminum lower studs. I have not opened the lower case. The prior owner reported no problems to indicate a spun bearing or problems in the rotating assembly.
Transmission and clutch reported good by prior owner.
Have purchased a rebuilt starter and the alternator tests good. Front brakes need to be rebuilt.

Interior:
Seats have been rebuilt and re-upholstered. Dash has been rebuilt (black) and is in pristine condition. All the door panels are present and in fair condition. Carpets are present but not worth keeping. Spare tire is present.
All the instruments are present and working. They have been uninstalled but all the wiring is labeled for easy reassembly.
Plenty of pictures taken during teardown and are available to the buyer. All the parts are bagged, tagged and boxed.

I have too much on my plate. This is a great project car. I am asking $10,000 for the entire car. I could part it out for more, but I am trying to simplify and do not want to get into the parts business.

A complete set of pictures may be found at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/5201817...7627287566443/

Contact me at seth.newberry+911@gmail.com for more information.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: 1984 Porsche 911 Targa project car