Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

1999 Mk.1 911 Factory Aerokit 17,000 original miles

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2019, 06:50 PM
Travis Behrens
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Year: 1999
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: 996
Mileage (numbers only please): 19000
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Sunroof, Traction Control
Color: Silver
VIN: WP0AA2998XS622665
Price (no $ sign please): $38000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Midwestern
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Originally Posted by islaTurbine
1999 C4 models were electronic throttle. Regardless, beautiful Taco and GLWS!
bump
Old 10-13-2019, 02:21 PM
ChampInSD
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 11 Posts

Do what you want but let me add this to your noodling: I bought a 2017 GT350 brand new in late 2016. Put 15k miles on it; loved it. Great car. Had a chance to buy a clean, white, low-mileage 1999 996 C2 coupe with a 6 speed earlier this summer. Feel in love. It's a great car to drive. So intuitive and small and understated. The GT350 gathered dust until I sold it a couple months ago. No regrets.
Old 10-14-2019, 12:46 PM
Travis Behrens
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ChampInSD
Do what you want but let me add this to your noodling: I bought a 2017 GT350 brand new in late 2016. Put 15k miles on it; loved it. Great car. Had a chance to buy a clean, white, low-mileage 1999 996 C2 coupe with a 6 speed earlier this summer. Feel in love. It's a great car to drive. So intuitive and small and understated. The GT350 gathered dust until I sold it a couple months ago. No regrets.
Thanks for your input! I have been enjoying the 996 quite a bit, and vacillate almost daily I’m selling it vs keeping it. I almost don’t want to drive it as the car is in such perfect condition!
Old 10-15-2019, 08:48 AM
islaTurbine
Drifting

Received 403 Likes on 259 Posts

You’d probably already have my money if she had a Boxster Red interior. Such a beauty, though.

It’s also interesting how your car and mine both have the aluminum interior pieces, and in both of ours there’s no aluminum trim ring surrounding the base of the shifter. That must be a quirk from 1999 model production because all other 996’s (including Turbos) that I see have the lower ring (which I personally think is a bit distracting from the overall design). I’ve never been able to figure out if my car had some sort of prior modification to remove this ring or if it was stock, but yours confirms to me that it came from Porsche that way. Just another day in old Porsche archaeology, I guess.

Hope your battle with the nasty C is going ok...
Old 10-15-2019, 10:45 AM
Travis Behrens
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by islaTurbine
You’d probably already have my money if she had a Boxster Red interior. Such a beauty, though.

It’s also interesting how your car and mine both have the aluminum interior pieces, and in both of ours there’s no aluminum trim ring surrounding the base of the shifter. That must be a quirk from 1999 model production because all other 996’s (including Turbos) that I see have the lower ring (which I personally think is a bit distracting from the overall design). I’ve never been able to figure out if my car had some sort of prior modification to remove this ring or if it was stock, but yours confirms to me that it came from Porsche that way. Just another day in old Porsche archaeology, I guess.

Hope your battle with the nasty C is going ok...
Thanks for your comments! It is interesting to see how early cars differ from later cars, even by one model year (ie cable throttle vs e-throttle). Over the last month I’ve started driving it regularly and have really fallen in love with it again. It’s hard to think of a more well rounded sports car that can road trip, autocross, and take the kids to school at that price point. Plus the narrow body aero kit cars are so unique looking.

I’m having new Michelin’s installed this week, and looking into 17 inch wheels for snow tires...

Regarding the cancer, I finished chemo in July and thus far remain cancer free. Thanks for the kind words!
The following 2 users liked this post by Travis Behrens:
islaTurbine (10-15-2019), NWgreenhead (10-15-2019)
Old 10-15-2019, 12:09 PM
Riz
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

Good to hear about your progress - all the best

Quick Reply: 1999 Mk.1 911 Factory Aerokit 17,000 original miles