Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

991.1 GTS 4 Manual, no sunroof, flawless

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2018, 05:15 AM
Tangerine
Pro

Received 126 Likes on 72 Posts
Cool 991.1 GTS 4 Manual, no sunroof, flawless

Year: 2016
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 12700
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Intermittent Wipers, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Steering, Power Windows, Traction Control
Color: Lava Orange
VIN: WP0AB2A98GS123177
Price (no $ sign please): $129000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): NorthWest
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 4 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

After Xpel, Ceramic coating, tint. Photos by Northwest Auto Salon.

I've decided to list my 991.1 GTS for sale here on Rennlist. At this time I'm not listing it anywhere else, because the price I am willing to sell it for doesn't line up with market price from what I can tell--though it is almost impossible to find a reference point because this particular car is very hard to find. I custom ordered it exactly how I wanted it and am very happy with it. However I do not use it to its full potential and while I wanted back seats for the little ones, in practice I almost always choose one of the other cars when everyone needs to go out because it's just easier/cleaner/simpler. I am a bit worried that I will never find this car again if I want it, and that is what determined the price I would list it at. No games here, I would just have second thoughts at any lower price. No pitty bumps needed, there is zero rush to try and sell it quickly. I just want it recorded here in the marketplace so when someone looking for a very specific car has a chance to find it.

Window sticker is below, but highlights and reasons for the chosen options:
  • GTS 4 - around 25% of the 991.1 cars were the AWD variant. Many people prefer the RWD version as it is cheaper and lighter. I chose this as a daily driver in the pacific northwest as a novice driver, and am very pleased with it. The rear light line connecting the tail lights is just icing on the cake.
  • Lava Orange - I love orange on a Porsche. I would have chosen Signal Orange if it was available, but after seeing Lava Orange in the flesh I was super excited it was a semi-standard color I did not have to do PTS for.
  • Sunroof delete - for aestheics, weight removal, elimination of any potential creaks and I have no personal desire for it on a car like this.
  • Manual - because manual.
  • Does NOT have the GTS interior - personally I thought the carbon fiber and extra details were gaudy and was surprised when customizing my build that it could be removed. Black aluminum trim, and black leather seatbacks were chosen to keep the interior dark and classy. Ironically this is actually a close match visually to what they did with the GT3 Touring. Note it has the standard alcantara, not the leather replace option. I very much like the look and feel of alcantara and would choose it again.
  • Burmester audio - too expensive, and most of the time I have it off, but when you want to listen to something it is utterly amazing for in-car audio.
  • S-PASM + PDCC - because I like it low and tight as possible short of a GT3
  • 18-way seats + Premium package, heated seats, etc - because LWB were not an option
  • Park assist front and back - because daily driver
  • Smoking package, luggage net in passenger footwell - because to not take these free options is dumb
  • Clear LED side markers - just because.
  • PLDS in black - I prefer these over the LED visually
  • Centerlocks - ironically if you don't track your car they are no problem at all, and look amazing
  • PSE, Sport Chrono, Powerkit - all standard in the GTS pacakge, not really an option, just mentioning for completeness

Car was taken directly from the dealer to Northwest Auto Salon for full frontal Xpel Ultimate wrap, Spectra Photosync 35 tint, tail light tinting, and Ceramic pro coating. I have an invoice for all work performed. It has always lived in a heated garage at night and covered parking during the day. It has mostly been a daily driver unless temps are below 40 (I have other cars).

The Xpel has been great. There are a few places where it has taken some rocks but it is doing its job well. In front of the rear wheel wells probably the most, but it has Xpel there too (factory stuff removed) with no apparent paint damage. Detailed pictures can be provided for serious inquiries and taken at the time of request (maybe it's some months before someone is serious, I don't want to post outdated pictures) Roads are very good around here, exterior and interior are in excellent condition. Exterior maintained with waterless wash and speed shine, ceramic coating is (to my surprise) still holding up very well. (water always beads up, never left with water spots)

First was before paint correction.

Photosync tint is similar to 3M Crystaline. It is UV reactive, high heat rejection, glare reduction, super premium. First time using it even though I always tint my cars. Highly recommended.

Tail lights were tinted beacuse I didn't like the non-smoked red agains the Lava, and you can't get the light bar tinted from the factory. Very pleased with the results.

Note that the badging was altered after delivery. I had the detail shop remove "911 Carrera 4 GTS" and just put "GTS" on the back, as well as remove the side "GTS" stickers. On advice of my sales guy I left them on when ordering the car since they were "free" and just peel right off. Took me about 2 seconds seeing it in person to know I wanted them gone.

Front license plate is not installed.

Paint correction after delivery.

As of right now the car has just over 12,300 miles on it. The original Pirelli P Zeros were just replaced with brand new Michilen Pilot Sport 4S all around. (wonderful upgrade in ride quality) No accidents or stories to tell. I have all service records, plus Blackstone Labs oil tests. I love getting the last of a generation of cars since there is nothing left to fix and tweak--these cars are bulletproof, and this final NA (in a non GT car) is a classic. Car has had 2 oil changes so far and uses Porsche approved (but not the default) 5w-50 as it never sees freezing weather here.

The car has never been tracked or abused. I mean to take it to the track when I have time, and having a hard time finding that time.

This is the most powerful non-turbo 911 with a manual and a backseat Porsche has ever made. Personally I don't know why they don't relent and put a backseat option in the GT3, but for whatever reason they won't.

The 991.1 GTS is a very special car and there are not too many of them up for sale it seems. If you are looking for one, do not compromise. This particular car is not something you should take less than what you exactly want. Do not consider this car if you want a sunroof, if you don't love orange, or don't want the AWD variant. Someone else out there does, let them overpay for it.

Please do not start a discussion price--I am not trying to say this is what a GTS is worth these days. I have set a price of what it would take me to follow through and actually sell the car, and not regret it too much. I see people posting in the various threads from time to time asking about where to find a GTS, wanting something specific, but I don't want to reach out to them since I have no idea if they are serious. But it did make me think hard about it and realize that there is a price that I would sell it for, and listing it here on Rennlist will let anyone seriously looking know it is available. There may be more people like myself out there who haven't listed their cars beacuse of a delta between the expected market price and the "make me sell" price. The inventory of these cars speaks to that--unless you really want a manual and back seats, a 991.1 GT3 seems like an easier car to find these days.

And if anyone has a 911R or GT3 Touring they would like to part with, those are literally the only two cars I would put above this one and will continually have my eye out for.

And now for more pictures...

I installed the Function First Classic aluminum shift ****, which can be left in or reverted to stock.

Leather Seatbacks--hate the silver shells on the 18-way seats.

Last edited by Tangerine; 05-18-2018 at 03:12 AM. Reason: Update with more info
Old 03-24-2018, 09:12 AM
lee88
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 19 Posts

Great color and spec. GLWS.
Old 03-26-2018, 02:04 AM
Kevin5236
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Wow.

That's a very nice build and a very nice car.

GLWS!
Old 03-26-2018, 10:18 AM
hsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Great spec. Love the 991.1 GTS.
Old 03-26-2018, 03:56 PM
Marvinta
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love this car. GLWS
Old 03-27-2018, 09:34 AM
1FlossedM3
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 29 Posts

Take notes, that's how you make a for sale ad.

Quick Reply: 991.1 GTS 4 Manual, no sunroof, flawless