Notices

Mounting Pit Pal to L Track

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2024, 05:22 PM
dapopa9
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Mounting Pit Pal to L Track

I'm looking at buying some various Pit Pal wall mount accessories to mount in an enclosed aluminum trailer. I'm curious if anyone is mounting these Pit Pall accessories to L Track?

Seems like that could be a good way so that you don't completely have to rely on the location of the wall studs. However I can only find L Track mounting studs in 3/8". Seems odd they don't make the studs in different sizes.

I see ATC has a line up of wall track and accessories called ATC LifeTrac that accomplishes what I had in mind, but I don't see them for sale anywhere.

Old 05-08-2024, 06:20 PM
CaymanR99
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

I think most if not all ATC accessories are only sold thru an ATC dealer.

I did more or less the same thing with steel E track and accessories from PitPal and a couple other manufacturers. The aluminum L track is nicer and lighter but I knew the track would get abused in my application so I went with steel track.
Old 05-09-2024, 09:24 PM
wgn
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm in the same boat - saw the ATC system which is slick, though it's made specifically to work with their lifetrack system. It looks similar but I'm not sure how close that is to the dimensions of L-track.

It seems so obvious to make trailer wall accessories that would mount to track and have flexible mount locations. Checked with PitPal and some others and couldn't find any out there.

I'm thinking about mounting some of the standard pitpal stuff to L-track. It will sit off the wall 1/2" or so where it bolts up, but I figure I could add some rubber bumpers the same thickness to the back so they still hang vertical.

Quick Reply: Mounting Pit Pal to L Track