Notices

Futura 2018 Low Loader for Sale

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2024, 07:30 PM
caymanpyrat
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Futura 2018 Low Loader for Sale

I am the second owner of this 2018 Futura Low Loader trailer. I used this to transport my 2015 Cayman to tracks in 2022 and 2023. Between the original owner and myself, about 20,000 miles usage. Several upgrades have been installed, including replacing the primary deck raising steel cable to a stronger synthetic rope. The trailer is located in Boise, Idaho. Asking $11,500.

SPECIFICATIONS AND ACCESSORIES
  • Alloy Wheels, four (4); original tires, recently checked by my local tire shop, good for about 2 more seasons.
  • One (1) alloy spare tire, under carriage mount.
  • Electric Brakes, all wheels, inspected and serviced each year
  • Upgraded wheel bearings, axle serviced regularly
  • New battery 2021
  • Upgraded main deck cable to synthetic rope cable (higher tensile strength)
  • 2 full sets of tie downs: MAC straps (through the rim) ratcheting ties downs with felt rim protectors AND original Futura tie downs
  • LED Trailer Lights
  • New higher output mini solar panel to charge battery used to operate the deck.
  • Wireless remote control to raise and lower the trailer, with spare batteries
  • Wireless remote for the 2 speed loading winch,
  • Tandem Axle, Torsion Bar Suspension.
  • Deck Size: 16' 5" Long X 78 3/4" wide, this can accommodate medium to larger vehicles, according to Futura. Fits all Porsche models. Overall length from 2 5/16" trailer ball receptacle to the end of the deck, approximately 24'.
  • G.V.W.R: 7,000 Lbs.,
  • Tare Weight (Empty trailer): 1,322 Lbs
  • Maximum load: 5,678 Lbs.,
  • Futura tire rack with “custom” anchoring spindle – holds up to 2 sets of tires depending on rim widths.
  • Factory Stone Guard: $699
  • Factory Winch with remote: $495
  • Factory Spare tire mounted on matching aluminum wheel: $300
  • Futura web site with video links: https://www.futuratrailers.com
  • Also available: Prodigy RF Bluetooth trailer brake controller: $125
This Futura low loader trailer, manufactured in New Zealand, can be seen at tracks literally all around the world. It towed behind a Cayenne S as if it is not even there. The greatest feature is the deck that lowers and raises to load and unload the car, thus no ramps needed. From the Futura brochure: "This simple, elegant design is backed by clever engineering that allows you to raise and lower the trailer bed from the drivers seat in less than a minute. It has plenty of door clearance over the fender for almost every make and model of car, guaranteeing you have no trouble getting in and out of your car."

BUILT TO LAST
From their brochure: “Futura low loader trailers are light weight and built to last, with a chassis made of structural grade, anodized aluminum and utilizes solid aircraft rivets rather than welds. This provides excellent corrosion resistance (Read can be stored in the weather), and prevents fatigue cracking that can occur in welded trailers.”

THE PROCESS (About 10 minutes to load, and about the same to unload).
  • Connect trailer to tow vehicle,
  • Unsnap the deck pins located on all four corners of the trailer
  • Using deck remote, lower the deck,
  • Hang remotes on your neck using the lanyard; drive up to / on the deck (or leave in Neutral and use winch to “walk” the car onto the trailer while steering through the window)
  • Depress Up button on the deck remote.
  • Once at correct height, the trailer motor that raises the bed hits limit switch and stops.
  • Place car in park, open car door and exit.
  • Snap lock the deck pins on all four (4) deck corners
  • Attach your four (4) tie downs, a very simple process, no need to get on your back as is done with enclosed trailers.
  • Drive away.....it's as simple as that. When you arrive reverse the process.
Asking $11,500

Last edited by caymanpyrat; 03-21-2024 at 07:31 PM.
Old 03-22-2024, 09:54 AM
caymanpyrat
Rennlist Member

Sale Pending...that was quick!
Old 03-26-2024, 11:12 AM
Manda Racing
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 27 Posts

there was a guy selling a 20' for $18k a couple of weeks ago in VARA. So anything around that price of yours is a decent deal. I still worry about the width being tight for a racecar and also whether my racecars can drive right up on them.... i'd like to have one but need to test it first
Old 03-27-2024, 09:05 PM
caymanpyrat
Rennlist Member

It's sold and gone. It was an earlier generation than the current design (and cost) so my fellow track rat got a nice trailer at a decent price...

BTW I had no issues getting my Cayman onboard (3-4 inches clearance on either side), nor did the previous owner have any problem with a GT3. Plenty of clearance to open the door after loading. You would need to check your flare width though.

Quick Reply: Futura 2018 Low Loader for Sale