Notices

Rear camera on trailer

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2024, 08:11 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 495 Likes on 276 Posts

OP, What did you decide? I would also be interested in installing a backup and inside cameras.

A friend recommended this unit because of the range and the fact that you can add up to 4 cameras. I wonder if anyone has any experience with this one? The reviews are really good.

Wireless Backup Camera For Trucks. Heavy Duty │ Falcon Electronics LLC
Old 01-05-2024, 11:38 PM
dan212
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 88 Posts

I haven't decided. I am leaning toward the furrion with 4.3 screen. Don't want a big screen on the dash / window. Not sure if I'll get a single rear or the side cameras. At least for the rear view i like the clean install. Seems to be popular with RV community.

Another is displayed on phone, but I don't really want to put my phone on the dash.
Decisions. Decisions.
The following users liked this post:
Igooz (01-06-2024)
Old 01-07-2024, 12:38 PM
NightBlueTTS
Rennlist Member

Received 198 Likes on 129 Posts

I went with this option last year for backing up the trailer (one on each side of the rear). They are wireless and stay charged with the solar panel:

Solar Wireless Backup Camera with 7" Monitor System, 1080P 6600 Rechargeable Battery Trailer Hitch Rear View Camera with 5Mins Installation, Split Screen Back Up Camera for Truck, RV (AUTO-VOX Solar4) https://a.co/d/huWwokT

Old 07-10-2024, 04:41 PM
dan212
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 88 Posts
Default Furrion

I went with the Furrion because it was a quick swap for the rear marker light on my Trailex. Plug and play.
Only regret: I got the 4.3 screen. Wish I had gotten the 5 inch for a few dollars more.

I am quite happy with it and the visibility is pretty amazing. If you are at my rear corner, I will see you.

The only downside I have seen is that the power to the LED lights on the Trailex is pretty low. I run with my headlights on to get power to the camera.
When I use turn signal or brakes - adding another light to the draw - the camera will sometimes very briefly cut out.
Its annoying, but not a big deal.

Originally Posted by Igooz
OP, What did you decide? I would also be interested in installing a backup and inside cameras.

A friend recommended this unit because of the range and the fact that you can add up to 4 cameras. I wonder if anyone has any experience with this one? The reviews are really good.

Wireless Backup Camera For Trucks. Heavy Duty │ Falcon Electronics LLC
Igooz (07-12-2024)
Old 07-14-2024, 04:48 PM
b16gsr
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by dan212
I went with the Furrion because it was a quick swap for the rear marker light on my Trailex. Plug and play.
Only regret: I got the 4.3 screen. Wish I had gotten the 5 inch for a few dollars more.

I am quite happy with it and the visibility is pretty amazing. If you are at my rear corner, I will see you.

The only downside I have seen is that the power to the LED lights on the Trailex is pretty low. I run with my headlights on to get power to the camera.
When I use turn signal or brakes - adding another light to the draw - the camera will sometimes very briefly cut out.
Its annoying, but not a big deal.

I too went with the Furrion only because my camper was setup for the system and I added the camera to my 28’ ATC Quest. I also regret going with the smaller display and may upgrade in the future. It’s a great system.
mlct (07-15-2024)

Quick Reply: Rear camera on trailer