Notices

New Timpte trailer

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2024, 11:41 AM
b16gsr
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts

I will chime in too and say that I've had zero issues with my Timpte 720 when it comes to vibrations. I did have a tire failure almost immediately and replaced them with my favorite tire for this and put Equal balance in them. I will say it is noisy and is hard on batteries (i've had to replace twice). It will also need a new winch cable this year for the lift system. I would really like to upgrade to the new version with hydraulics, but cannot justify the cost to since this one works great.
Old 02-16-2024, 11:51 AM
Casa de Mesa
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for all the replies with owner feedback, very helpful.

Presumably you are all using the 4 included & moveable anchor points that came with the trailer? By chance does anyone have a picture with their car on the trailer and strapped down?
Old 02-16-2024, 03:39 PM
Vignesdd
Intermediate

Received 57 Likes on 17 Posts

i put rails on the trailer to anchor with the Mac Tie down strap. Worked very well for me!

https://www.macscustomtiedowns.com/s...hoCUgAQAvD_BwE
Old 02-16-2024, 04:05 PM
b16gsr
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Casa de Mesa
Thank you for all the replies with owner feedback, very helpful.

Presumably you are all using the 4 included & moveable anchor points that came with the trailer? By chance does anyone have a picture with their car on the trailer and strapped down?
I also installed e track on my trailer and use over the tire straps. It works out extremely well. I have done the same on my 28’ ATC.

Old 07-14-2024, 03:34 PM
CJ Anderson
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nugget
* The approach angle isn't shallow enough for a 997.1 GT3, I scrape the front lip every time I put the 997 on the trailer. It's not bad but it's not great either. Our 996 goes on no problem.
* The original trailers had riveted brackets for the rear tail lights and license plate mount. Mine just vibrated off after a while. I had to rig up a home-brew fix which isn't pretty or elegant. I understand they've re-designed this part in the newer trailers, but no retrofit is available.
* As far as I know, Timpte never delivered a front tire rack solution which I was hoping to see. If I decide to add one I think I'm on my own for finding a solution and getting it mounted. It's been months since I talked to the dealer though, and this may have changed.

Otherwise I've been mostly happy with it. It's definitely been a nicer trailer than the Featherlite it replaced, but I don't know if I'd buy another one if I were shopping today.
I had one of the tail lights fall off. I ordered a new one and the holes in the trailer were rounded out to almost 3/8". I ordered rivet nuts and that solved that problem.
For loading, I try to put the rear tires into a low spot as that will allow the trailer to stay lower at the front and reduce the load angle even more.
Issue I don't like is the spare tire mount limits turning. I popped the fender on my new Escalade in the parking lot of the trailer dealer just doing a sharp turn.
I also bougth an AGM full size battery. It is too tall, but can be mounted on it's side. I've raised and lowered about a dozen times and battery still doing well. It wasn't fully charged and sat all winter, so worth the hassle of altering the mount and a couple of 3/8 to 5/16 power blocks to
connect everthing to battery as screw posts are a little larger than the stock size.

It is a very nice trailer though.

Last edited by CJ Anderson; 07-14-2024 at 03:38 PM. Reason: battery information

Quick Reply: New Timpte trailer