Notices

Tow Mirror for Cayenne

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2020, 03:07 PM
Igooz
Trucker
Rennlist Member

Received 495 Likes on 276 Posts

OP, did you ever buy these mirrors? I have a pair for my wife’s 2017 Cayenne GTS and used them once on a 2,000 mile trip and can get rid of them.
PM me if you need a set.
Old 08-23-2020, 05:48 PM
dan212
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 88 Posts

Thanks - I got a pair already
Old 05-30-2024, 02:55 PM
dan212
Rennlist Member

Default Tow mirror Update

well.......... I got a pair of the Milenco Aero 3 mirrors. Four clamps to adjust and very fussy to install and get the right view. Really takes two people to get it right. Must take care not to break the Cayenne mirrors. I know some have them and love them. I didn't.

The clamp on the plastic Cayenne mirror housing is a challenge. Tight that too much and you crack the plastic housing on the Cayenne (instructions warn about this). But don't tighten it enough and the mirror will fall off. I chose the latter option

The left one fell off twice. First time I was able to retrieve it. Second time no such luck. Right side fell off on rough roads going to WGI. Didn't like the thump it made when it hit some painted part of my Cayenne. Should have tightened it more I suppose. But just how much more tight before I crack the housing???
(Note: Stuff like this falling off your vehicle might not be welcome to the people behind)

Meantime, I had installed a
Furrion marker light camera camera Furrion marker light camera camera
that was a plug and play fit to in place of the center marker light on my Trailex.
The Furrion works well. Very wide angle view. I see everything behind me even to the corner of the trailer. Even has backup lines to help my inept parking. Adjusted my side mirrors out a bit more and very happy.

My Cayenne has the Blind spot alert feature which flashes when someone is just past the trailer rear corner. I can see them in the side mirrors anyway.

So I am very happy with this combo.

Last edited by dan212; 05-30-2024 at 03:05 PM.
Old 05-30-2024, 03:00 PM
dan212
Rennlist Member

You were 100% right...

Originally Posted by rastta
Get a WiFi camera on the back of the trailer. I have the Aero 3's which I use on my Q7. With the Camera - I really don't need them anymore. It's also awesome for backing up and parking the trailer.

Quick Reply: Tow Mirror for Cayenne