Notices

ATC Quest 22' Order

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2018, 02:59 PM
skxf430
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I was going to go withe extended ramp on my Intech, and it was coming in just a little steep to clear completely so I just use race ramps. And, when the built-in ramps get really long, the entire door becomes fairly heavy. I still have to raise my hitch jack and my splitter still barely scrapes but no big deal. I don't have the tall built in bumpers and the Race Ramps are notched out so it provides enough support to the door.
Old 07-29-2018, 12:47 PM
lowside67
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Do you have an expectation of what the trailer will weight as spec'd without any gear loaded in? The other million dollar question... can you enlighten us dreamers as to what something like this costs and what amount are optional upgrades?

I have been thinking about the 20 vs 22 vs 24 thought and have a desire to keep it as small as I possibly can but would like to fit a car, base cabinets in the front, and ideally room to throw a moped/pit bike in somewhere.

Cheers,
Mark
Old 07-29-2018, 04:07 PM
pkh
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by lowside67
Do you have an expectation of what the trailer will weight as spec'd without any gear loaded in? The other million dollar question... can you enlighten us dreamers as to what something like this costs and what amount are optional upgrades?

I have been thinking about the 20 vs 22 vs 24 thought and have a desire to keep it as small as I possibly can but would like to fit a car, base cabinets in the front, and ideally room to throw a moped/pit bike in somewhere.

Cheers,
Mark
I can post the weight when I get it, will try to pop into a weigh station with the car and gear loaded as well. From what I have heard a couple of feet here or there doesn't make a huge difference. Things like fuel tank, a/c, generator will. I have an F250 and have hauled heavier trailers so not worried about that.

22' for me was about manuverability in getting it in and out of my shop.

For room for your bike you might want to go 24' ... I am guessing you'd put it in front of the car since the floor is flat there and better weight distribution.
Old 07-29-2018, 04:20 PM
pkh
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by lowside67
The other million dollar question... can you enlighten us dreamers as to what something like this costs and what amount are optional upgrades?
The trailer is coming in right under $40k ... Options like the quest 305 package, fuel tank/pump, double entry doors, awning, solar, winch, a/c are the big ticket items. My dealer has a barebones 24' 305 quest package with cabinets listed for $27k. You pay less than half that for a wood floor trailer.

I negotiated a bit by shopping out of my region with Intech, and a local Stealth dealer. If Intech had a local dealer I might have swung that way because their trailers look real nice, but ATC has local dealership and my flatbed was solid.
Old 09-03-2018, 11:37 AM
Raucky
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ATC is a great brand and has a larger dealer network, so hopefully that'll help you when you go to sell it.
Old 09-05-2018, 01:34 PM
pkh
Rennlist Member

Trailer was delivered to dealer this week, haven't seen it in person yet but he sent over some pics. Still need to add MaxAir covers and solar. Should be all ready for pickup tomorrow!

Old 09-07-2018, 12:22 PM
pkh
Rennlist Member

Picked up my new favorite thing yesterday! Super impressed with the quality of the fit and finish of this trailer.

The car fit great! 22' is a great size, no regrets there! I love the double doors! Agonizing over sizes and options seems to have paid off. The dealer said he's getting one just like it next time he gets a new one.

Can't wait to take this thing to the track.

Old 09-07-2018, 06:16 PM
Scott.
Pro

Received 61 Likes on 16 Posts

Trailer looks great! 99W has a good service as well.
Old 09-09-2018, 12:49 AM
HoBoJoe
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Awesome looking trailer! Congrats.
Old 09-09-2018, 07:48 PM
pkh
Rennlist Member

Did a test fit of my tires, talk about cutting it close! Maybe only a couple millimeters to spare. I thought a 4' rack would be plenty, but realize 4' is the measurement on the outside of the rack, not the inside.

Old 09-09-2018, 09:43 PM
M_Weining
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

what brand awning, is it manual or electric, how far out does it extend?
Old 09-10-2018, 12:26 AM
pkh
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by M_Weining
what brand awning, is it manual or electric, how far out does it extend?
Its a Dometic electric. Seems to be a nice build, has a plastic shield for when its closed to protected against the elements. Seems a bit nicer than my RV unit, only thing its missing is a light.

Old 09-10-2018, 09:11 PM
M_Weining
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Thanks. Yes, looks very nice.
Old 09-12-2018, 01:28 AM
pkh
Rennlist Member

Couple more shots just to show the size of the 22' foot trailer. Everyone seems to think you need bigger but this gives me enough room to sit in trailer with car loaded if I wanted, and plenty of room behind car to throw a few extra things.

The cabinets are actually a bit deeper than normal too to handle the fueling station.

Old 09-21-2018, 05:22 PM
spg993tt
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

great trailer! use it in good health! in my experience, whatever size trailer one has, ti gets filled to the brim. if you have the truck to tow it, and the space to park it, then go as big as those parameters permit more or less. i tend to think a 28' is the ideal size for a single car operaiton as it leaves enough room for a few sets of wheels, maybe some bigger spares, setup equipment, etc. granted if this isnt how one functions at a track then agreed smaller is better. but the differene between a 22 and 26 on the highway is not perceivable, and yet that 6 feet might mean you can or can not get a cheapie golf cart in there or another 2 sets of wheels, a small pitcart.

Quick Reply: ATC Quest 22' Order