Notices

Golf carts

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2018 | 11:31 AM
spg993tt
Three Wheelin'

Default Golf carts

figured id post it here since golf carts are more tied, linked into the trailers than the cars themselves.
ive been contemplating buying a golf cart to put in the trailer. i have the room for it. was thinking of an EZGO Express, gas, with the rear flip down seat.
curious what you all think.
is there anything in particular one shoudl be looking for in golf carts?
gas or electric? I was thinking gas.
4 seats with the rear flip down, or the 6 seater?
is there a min particular horse power for track purposes, taking wheels/tires to get changed, getting fuel, perhaps towing the car to tech or if there is an issue.
what does a good cart run? better to get used or just spring for new?
Old 05-22-2018 | 05:22 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Old 05-24-2018 | 10:50 AM
Niels e46 m3
Racer

Originally Posted by spg993tt
figured id post it here since golf carts are more tied, linked into the trailers than the cars themselves.
ive been contemplating buying a golf cart to put in the trailer. i have the room for it. was thinking of an EZGO Express, gas, with the rear flip down seat.
curious what you all think.
is there anything in particular one shoudl be looking for in golf carts?
gas or electric? I was thinking gas.
4 seats with the rear flip down, or the 6 seater?
is there a min particular horse power for track purposes, taking wheels/tires to get changed, getting fuel, perhaps towing the car to tech or if there is an issue.
what does a good cart run? better to get used or just spring for new?
We run a "standard" gas EZGO, with flip down rear seat. Would def. recommend gas over electric. 6 seater seems too much, and the flip down seat on the smaller is useful for hauling fuel jugs, tires, etc. around the pit. Never towed the car with it. Buy used.
Old 05-24-2018 | 01:14 PM
24Chromium
Drifting

We bought a used (well used) gas EZGO with the flip down rear seat and rear platform. I would prefer electric, but they are heavier and obviously need to be charged. It gets the job done and so far has been trouble free. Having said that, there have been a few times in the shop when I hear the thing buzzing, despite being turned off. Turns out you can't leave the gear in reverse.

Our long-term plan is to add a hitch so that we can pull the tire cart and pit cart. For now we've just been using it for people, fuel and tire runs.
Old 05-24-2018 | 03:02 PM
spg993tt
Three Wheelin'

tx for the great responses. as i look at used ezgos or others, i also see some utvs, like the polaris 500s. used or new frankly they are like same money as the ezgos. they dont hold 4 people, only 2. they weight about 1200 lbs vs about 900 for the ezgo. but they have much greater 'towing' and loading capabilities. etc. did you guys think about going that route? i looked online and it looks like some tracks actually prohibit those 'offroad utvs" i think they are more concerned with the polaris razr times like dopey dudes will be going nuts in the parking lot and kill themeslves driving otu to the various parts of the track. did you think about a utv at all?

Originally Posted by 24Chromium
We bought a used (well used) gas EZGO with the flip down rear seat and rear platform. I would prefer electric, but they are heavier and obviously need to be charged. It gets the job done and so far has been trouble free. Having said that, there have been a few times in the shop when I hear the thing buzzing, despite being turned off. Turns out you can't leave the gear in reverse.

Our long-term plan is to add a hitch so that we can pull the tire cart and pit cart. For now we've just been using it for people, fuel and tire runs.
Old 05-28-2018 | 10:21 AM
GeoJoe
Rennlist Member

I've had a bunch of carts. Electric are more stealthy and the torque is fantastic. Faster than a gasser most of the time. But then there's the whole charging thing. The flip seat helps versatility. Good for hauling around 4 people or track gear, tires, etc. but towing a car is a lot of load to expect it to pull.

The EZGOs and related parts / mods are plentiful. Same for Cub Cadet. I had a Star Cart for a while which is mostly US parts put together on a Chinese frame. You might want to look on craigslist for some used stuff locally.
Old 06-12-2018 | 01:13 PM
PorscheDoc
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

We have tried everything, and it is really hard to beat the versatility of the golf carts. We have a huge CTEC pit box (with upper level seating that we use in the pits for PWC) and tow it behind the gas ez go cart without any issues. Definitely, want the flip down rear seat. Wouldn't want to mess with the expense of batteries or having to charge them. You can spend a ton of money on a golf cart just like a UTV, but there are great used ones out there for not a lot of money, we have both and they both have been issue free. The $2k golf cart works just as good as the $10k one.
Old 06-13-2018 | 09:24 AM
Viperbob1
Rennlist Member

We have an Club Car with the bigger electric engine. Thing is fast and hauls. Charging is no big thing. Also we had it lifted, off road lower and upper control arms with 15" wheels. 4 seater with flip rear. This is a ATV now so you can get anywhere at any track, comfortable for 4 people, can pull a car or pitbox easy. Best purchase we ever made.

Last edited by Viperbob1; 06-13-2018 at 12:17 PM.

Quick Reply: Golf carts