Notices

F150 Diesel

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2018, 01:18 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,317 Likes on 800 Posts

Originally Posted by phast930
I understand it's available in all those configurations, I was only speculating that the gas mileage they quoted in the articles I read would be for the base truck not a fully decked out supercrew 4x4 with a 6.5-foot bed.
Well initially you claimed

Originally Posted by phast930
I will say that if their numbers are like Rams for the 1500 Eco Diesel that 27 MPG Ram offered was the single cab, short bed and 2wd. I am betting Fords claimed 30 is the same setup of truck.
Now we know that Ford will not put it in one of those; at worst in will be in fleet base supercab which is heavier than a base single cab. MPG will be affected by weight. So its a given that any options, packages you add will affect that. And then we have the overly optimistic EPA mpg ratings to deal with on top of that.
Old 01-13-2018, 07:33 PM
phast930
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ExMB
Well initially you claimed

Now we know that Ford will not put it in one of those; at worst in will be in fleet base supercab which is heavier than a base single cab. MPG will be affected by weight. So its a given that any options, packages you add will affect that. And then we have the overly optimistic EPA mpg ratings to deal with on top of that.
I said the same thing twice. If your quoted article is referring to only using supercab and above then my point is invalid.

We agree on that overly optimistic EPA rating.
Old 02-06-2018, 08:51 AM
grrrmonster
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm disappointed with the f150 running gear- particularly the brakes when towing. The ecoboost has more than enough power. I too, wanted to get the diesel F150 but a 1700 mile tow this past fall scared the bejeebies out of me-- the idiot drivers cutting in front, slamming on brakes, etc. I want the rig to STOP, hence I've surrendered to idea of moving to a f250. Stunned the fuel economy of diesels is dramatically less than what my 04 duramax provided
Old 02-11-2018, 06:04 PM
orthofrancis
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't think I'd ever buy a car/truck during it's first production year or two. Let other people work out the problems. Yeah, they've been making the f150 for 50 years, but that engine/tranny combo? Ford designed the engine last year..

That said, diesels can't be beat for towing, and I'm getting a F250 diesel this summer to replace our F150 gasser.

Quick Reply: F150 Diesel