Panamera or Taycan conundrum

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2023, 08:38 AM
kort677
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexCeres
The road trips usually aren’t a big deal because as others have noted before usually the driver needs a recharge too. A sit down meal instead of bad gas station junk food isn’t such a terrible burden.
the 20-30 minutes that the taycan takes to charge isn't enough time for me to get a sit down meal
Old 11-14-2023, 01:28 PM
Jonathan S.
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by AlexCeres
The road trips usually aren’t a big deal because as others have noted before usually the driver needs a recharge too. A sit down meal instead of bad gas station junk food isn’t such a terrible burden.
For the driving styles of some drivers, perhaps.
For me though, in the Northern U.S., I've given up on roadtripping my Taycan, unless my route includes Magic Docks (or an overnight trip with reliable AC L2).
The CCS1 options here, especially in Northern New England, are just too slow and/or unreliable.
(TSCN though is of course totally different, and in a good way.)
Old 11-14-2023, 04:22 PM
75ZRO78
Track Day

Received 18 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonathan S.
For the driving styles of some drivers, perhaps.
For me though, in the Northern U.S., I've given up on roadtripping my Taycan, unless my route includes Magic Docks (or an overnight trip with reliable AC L2).
The CCS1 options here, especially in Northern New England, are just too slow and/or unreliable.
(TSCN though is of course totally different, and in a good way.)
Yep, this is the issue for me. The last time I looked at driving to Houston I calculated that I'd be stranded about 3 hours away if the last charging station were out of order when I got there. It's just a matter of time before it's sorted, however.

Quick Reply: Panamera or Taycan conundrum