Sponsored by:

4 Vs 4S

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2023, 06:59 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 3,871 Likes on 1,886 Posts

Originally Posted by fxz
So 4 vs 4S is just a matter of 0 to 60 launch control ?
pretty much yeah…pic below is from a Porsche sales presentation - the differences between trim levels is pretty much launch control boost parameters - outside of launch control all the Taycan's are pretty quick and instant EV torque is a addicting…

Old 11-14-2023, 12:01 AM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 437 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by daveo4porsche
pretty much yeah…pic below is from a Porsche sales presentation - the differences between trim levels is pretty much launch control boost parameters - outside of launch control all the Taycan's are pretty quick and instant EV torque is a addicting…

shouldn't the different models, 4 vs 4s, have different torque outside the launch control ?
Old 11-14-2023, 07:30 AM
CarAholic
Rennlist Member

Received 187 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by fxz
So 4 vs 4S is just a matter of 0 to 60 launch control ?
No there is also a significant difference from any acceleration point.
Old 11-14-2023, 12:20 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,872 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by CarAholic
No there is also a significant difference from any acceleration point.
This. If you compare roll ons across models, you’ll see a difference. I recall comparing the RWD to the 4S after some folks claimed the only acceleration difference was off the line, and discovered that the 4S was materially quicker everywhere.
Old 11-15-2023, 10:52 AM
CarAholic
Rennlist Member

Received 187 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
This. If you compare roll ons across models, you’ll see a difference. I recall comparing the RWD to the 4S after some folks claimed the only acceleration difference was off the line, and discovered that the 4S was materially quicker everywhere.
Agreed I would say the difference between the 4 and the 4S is the most noticeable difference between all the model variations. The 4 didn't feel like an electric car to me.
Old 11-18-2023, 06:22 PM
fxz
Race Car

Location: The way to hell is paved by good intentions “Wenn ich Purist höre...entsichere ich meinen Browning” "Myths are fuel for marketing (and nowadays for flippers too,,,)" time to time is not sufficient to be a saint, you must be also an Hero
Received 437 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by CarAholic
Agreed I would say the difference between the 4 and the 4S is the most noticeable difference between all the model variations. The 4 didn't feel like an electric car to me.
Finally tested, they are different, good the 4 if you look for range and a relaxed but occasionally dynamic driving style, always more sportier the 4S reactiveness to the pedal

Last edited by fxz; 11-19-2023 at 02:43 AM.

Quick Reply: 4 Vs 4S