Taycan 2019-Current The Electric Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Battery leak recall

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2023 | 07:06 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

FWIW, my car hasn't been to a dealer since the big programming campaign probably what 18 mo ago?

I need to get the 2 year done soon, so called dealer and they ran VIN, these are open campaigns:
--mobile charger hobble/sticker
--there is a software update for the high voltage control unit
--a re-programming update for the PCM control unit
--the antenna cable plug connections

My car doesn't fall in the ranges above for the battery issue. Assume it's ok or should I ask for a test?

Thx.
Old 12-12-2023 | 08:20 PM
AKB991
Racer

Had my 23 GTS ST in for recall and they installed a pressure relief valve. Supposed to be a $15 part and no charge to us anyway. While at the dealership … a customer spanked my car and scratched up driver’s side fender - ugh. They were honest and called me up to let me know what happened.

Car USED to be perfect. Sigh.

I said “I understand it’s not your fault but … I left my car with you in pristine condition and it should be returned as such. Whatever you need to do to make it right , please do so”. Was told it will be about $1200 to paint. What do you think the right thing to do is here ? Thanks for your input.
Old 12-12-2023 | 10:30 PM
thebishman
Burning Brakes

Have the Porsche dealership’s body shop do the work; unless they have a poor reputation of course, and have the ‘Customer’s’ insurance pay for the repair. If of course the dealership offers to pay for the repair, you’ll have to wonder what entity actually caused the ‘fender bender’. I feel your pain; hope it works out OK!
Old 12-13-2023 | 06:27 AM
kort677
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AKB991
Had my 23 GTS ST in for recall and they installed a pressure relief valve. Supposed to be a $15 part and no charge to us anyway. While at the dealership … a customer spanked my car and scratched up driver’s side fender - ugh. They were honest and called me up to let me know what happened.
Car USED to be perfect. Sigh.

I said “I understand it’s not your fault but … I left my car with you in pristine condition and it should be returned as such. Whatever you need to do to make it right , please do so”. Was told it will be about $1200 to paint. What do you think the right thing to do is here ? Thanks for your input.
the right thing is for them to pay for making the car right
Old 12-13-2023 | 03:14 PM
AKB991
Racer

Thanks guys. I’ve had 5 Porsches and have dealt with many of the dealers and Indy shops in NY / NJ area. Accidents happen and I’m too old to get crazed about paint. That said , I 100% feel Porsche needs to say “ we will take care of it”. It’s the principle more than anything. $1200 to paint the bumper ain’t much when the car is $145 k. Appreciate your input.
The following users liked this post:
thebishman (12-13-2023)
Old 12-14-2023 | 06:04 AM
firewalkwithme
Intermediate

Originally Posted by AKB991
Thanks guys. I’ve had 5 Porsches and have dealt with many of the dealers and Indy shops in NY / NJ area. Accidents happen and I’m too old to get crazed about paint. That said , I 100% feel Porsche needs to say “ we will take care of it”. It’s the principle more than anything. $1200 to paint the bumper ain’t much when the car is $145 k. Appreciate your input.
Curious what the end result is with this one, how annoying.
Old 12-14-2023 | 06:50 PM
AKB991
Racer

Spoke to service manager , he said “ we will take care of it “. I believe him but let’s see …

Quick Reply: Battery leak recall