Is this a motley history? ​​​​​​​

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2023, 03:20 PM
Dr. G7
Three Wheelin'

Received 322 Likes on 265 Posts
Default Is this a motley history? ​​​​​​​

Is this a motley history?

Taycan sold in (1) Porsche of Plano Texas. Then to (2) auto auction at Atlanta Autos (Marietta, Georgia) then to (3) "ABC" Pre-Owned SuperCenter "Some City", Florida, then to (4) a GM dealership Hot Springs National Park, Arkansas.
Finally (5) CPO
Porsche xxx, Florida.

Carfax says one owner. If it was sold at least three times over, how can it be a one owner?

I am not listing VIN number etc.Don’t want the dealership breathing down my neck. I would like opinions if this is a motley history/possible scenarios. Thank you.
Old 08-13-2023, 01:11 PM
brainzito
Rennlist Member

Received 342 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. G7
Is this a motley history?

Taycan sold in (1) Porsche of Plano Texas. Then to (2) auto auction at Atlanta Autos (Marietta, Georgia) then to (3) "ABC" Pre-Owned SuperCenter "Some City", Florida, then to (4) a GM dealership Hot Springs National Park, Arkansas.
Finally (5) CPO
Porsche xxx, Florida.

Carfax says one owner. If it was sold at least three times over, how can it be a one owner?

I am not listing VIN number etc.Don’t want the dealership breathing down my neck. I would like opinions if this is a motley history/possible scenarios. Thank you.
Because it was "only" registered once...Dealerships don't count as "owners", unless the car gets registered.
Think of dealership loaner cars: if you buy one "used", you'd be the 1st owner of it

Last edited by brainzito; 08-13-2023 at 01:13 PM.
Old 08-13-2023, 05:47 PM
Dr. G7
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by brainzito
Because it was "only" registered once...Dealerships don't count as "owners", unless the car gets registered.
Think of dealership loaner cars: if you buy one "used", you'd be the 1st owner of it
Thank you. Even as a loaner car at dealership, TX, AR, GA, FL isn't that unusual?

Anyways, the dealership is not answering me. Done deal I guess.

Thanks again.
Old 08-14-2023, 01:11 PM
Jonathan S.
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I’ve seen long histories for cars that get traded in, but that chain of ownership seems surprising for a Taycan!
I’m also looking right now at a 4CT that somehow was sold directly by its owner to a Kiundai dealer (which is incapable of providing the window sticker or build sheet).
Old 08-14-2023, 01:50 PM
Dr. G7
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Jonathan S.
I’ve seen long histories for cars that get traded in, but that chain of ownership seems surprising for a Taycan!
I’m also looking right now at a 4CT that somehow was sold directly by its owner to a Kiundai dealer (which is incapable of providing the window sticker or build sheet).
I agree about the spotty history.

Can you imagine that… trading a Porsche for a Kia!

BYW, dealer can provide the window sticker. Monroney Label

Quick Reply: Is this a motley history? ​​​​​​​