Notices
Taycan 2019-Current The Electric Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone else have a Taycan sitting at the German port for a while?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2023, 11:52 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 4,077 Likes on 2,329 Posts

Originally Posted by zmah
GTS ST Just left German port 6/21
Previously arrived on 6/5, completed manufacturing 6/1
Glad that your car got shipped out so quickly and hope you get it in short order.
Old 06-22-2023, 11:54 AM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by MingusDew
Ours completed manufacturing 4/12, and has been at the port since around 4/15 where it continues to sit. Not the most reassuring that cars manufactured later are passing through the port while ours still sits. Scheduled date to leave the port is now 7/5, but that has been pushed so many times I don’t trust any timeline they give.
Is your car a sedan or CT/ST? I just checked my TYD and looks like my GTS ST got its boat departure date bumped out again, this time by 8 days to 7/13. Thank goodness I have my GTS sedan while I'm waiting for my ST.
Old 06-22-2023, 12:14 PM
zmah
Advanced

Received 270 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Is your car a sedan or CT/ST? I just checked my TYD and looks like my GTS ST got its boat departure date bumped out again, this time by 8 days to 7/13. Thank goodness I have my GTS sedan while I'm waiting for my ST.
From a brief perusal of the shipping thread in one of the other subforums, seems like west coast port bound cars are more delayed than east and south US port destined cars
Old 06-22-2023, 12:42 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,834 Likes on 1,115 Posts

Originally Posted by zmah
From a brief perusal of the shipping thread in one of the other subforums, seems like west coast port bound cars are more delayed than east and south US port destined cars
There was a west coast labor shortage affecting LA/Long Beach and other west coast ports like San Diego, Benicia, Oakland. Highly possible this is part of it. I believe it's been resolved a this point, but there could be backups still.
Old 06-22-2023, 01:47 PM
MingusDew
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,243 Likes on 626 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
There was a west coast labor shortage affecting LA/Long Beach and other west coast ports like San Diego, Benicia, Oakland. Highly possible this is part of it. I believe it's been resolved a this point, but there could be backups still.
I’m west coast so perhaps this is contributing to things. I’m not particularly upset or frustrated, is what it is. I just hope these cars, if delayed because of a QA/QC issue in production, don’t end up being problem cars with gremlins. I’m just going to put a little faith in Porsche and hope it works out fine whenever the car finally shows up.
Old 06-22-2023, 04:46 PM
ghsnyder
7th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a GTS sedan sitting at German port, manufactured May 15. Current "leave the port" date is today...we'll see. If I click on "information about your order" it says:

Taycan Delay

Due to a temporary supply shortage, Porsche is currently experiencing a shortage of heating modules (cabin heating) designed specifically for Taycan. As a result of this situation, certain Taycan vehicles are currently being held at US ports until heating modules can be installed. Porsche is working diligently to address this issue, and regrets that your anticipated vehicle delivery date may be delayed. As always, we ask that you stay in close contact with your Porsche dealer for updates on your vehicle delivery timing. We thank you for your patience and your loyalty.
Old 06-23-2023, 12:21 PM
thebishman
Burning Brakes

Received 429 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by ghsnyder
I have a GTS sedan sitting at German port, manufactured May 15. Current "leave the port" date is today...we'll see. If I click on "information about your order" it says:

Taycan Delay

Due to a temporary supply shortage, Porsche is currently experiencing a shortage of heating modules (cabin heating) designed specifically for Taycan. As a result of this situation, certain Taycan vehicles are currently being held at US ports until heating modules can be installed. Porsche is working diligently to address this issue, and regrets that your anticipated vehicle delivery date may be delayed. As always, we ask that you stay in close contact with your Porsche dealer for updates on your vehicle delivery timing. We thank you for your patience and your loyalty.
They’ve had to replace so many in Service that they’re having a hard time placing them even in the new cars, I guess.
Old 06-23-2023, 02:50 PM
ghsnyder
7th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Per my dealership - "There was a port strike in Germany that has now been rectified"
The following users liked this post:
usctrojanGT3 (06-24-2023)
Old 06-28-2023, 03:30 AM
hfm
Three Wheelin'

Received 85 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by ghsnyder
Per my dealership - "There was a port strike in Germany that has now been rectified"
6/27/23

06 Your Porsche is on its way to the German port

Dan (probably wont submit 60 day loan application until the ship has sailed after reading this thread)
Old 06-28-2023, 06:58 AM
f30er
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Not German port but mines been sitting in Jacksonville since May 11th. Beyond frustrating.
Old 06-28-2023, 10:52 AM
zmah
Advanced

Received 270 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by f30er
Not German port but mines been sitting in Jacksonville since May 11th. Beyond frustrating.
mine was a december allocation supposed to be delivered early May, but lock date kept getting pushed back and back

im hoping they delayed tmy build start to weather whatever the supply chain issue was, and mine is now complete and won't sit at the port for a prolonged period
Old 06-28-2023, 12:40 PM
usctrojanGT3
Rennlist Member

Not sure what's worse, having your car sit at the German port or at a US port.
f30er (06-28-2023)
Old 06-28-2023, 01:27 PM
MingusDew
Three Wheelin'

You know what they say, why does the St. Johns flow north? Because Jacksonville sucks.
f30er (06-28-2023)
Old 06-28-2023, 01:30 PM
MingusDew
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3
Not sure what's worse, having your car sit at the German port or at a US port.
In good news, our car finally left the German port and began its long journey to the port of LA, where I imagine it will then be stuck for another month. Soon enough I’ll probably get to decide for myself which is worse… but I’m still super stoked it’s moving along now. My sales guy said the VIN didn’t fall into the stop-sale group so he’s not sure why the delay or if it will have to be held longer or not. Honestly, he doesn’t seem to know much and even what he does say I don’t put much faith in.

Last edited by MingusDew; 06-28-2023 at 01:31 PM.
T-Fury (06-28-2023)
Old 07-05-2023, 05:53 PM
MingusDew
Three Wheelin'

Interesting(‘ish) update, it looks like they’re now bypassing the Port of LA and instead shipping to SF and then transport down to LA.

Quick Reply: Anyone else have a Taycan sitting at the German port for a while?