Taycan fitted with Contis DWS06

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2023, 07:41 PM
Tupper
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,613 Likes on 818 Posts

Originally Posted by Jnosol
Correct. You want summer tires on a performance car when it's warm..
^ Do you really? I mean, that was the point I was making earlier. Unless you're tracking your car, for a car like a Taycan (or my BMW) which is being daily driven with some occasional backroad shenanigans, I'm just not sure that thousands of dollars for summer wheels and tires are worth it.

I daily drove a BMW M340i on all season tires and I had no concerns about traction. Now a GT3 is a different story
Old 01-18-2023, 09:57 PM
Jnosol
Pro

Received 46 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Tupper
^ Do you really? I mean, that was the point I was making earlier. Unless you're tracking your car, for a car like a Taycan (or my BMW) which is being daily driven with some occasional backroad shenanigans, I'm just not sure that thousands of dollars for summer wheels and tires are worth it.

I daily drove a BMW M340i on all season tires and I had no concerns about traction. Now a GT3 is a different story
All-seaons tires are considered jack of all trades, masters of none. The DWS-06 isn't bad, if I'm too lazy to swap back to summer tires, I'll just leave them on all year. So far no traction issues even with snow rain and ice conditions. The sidewalls are not as tight as Michelin Pilot Sport of course, that bothers me with a sportier car but for a daily it's tolerable. I kept the DWS06 on my 750xDrive all year, lasts 45k miles.

Last edited by Jnosol; 01-18-2023 at 09:58 PM.
Old 01-23-2023, 09:11 PM
whan
AutoX

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

In areas like CA (even bay area), summer tires do well year around, even when temps drop somewhat to the 40s and 50s and when it is wet. But if I had winters with temps often in the low 40s or below I'd definitely run all seasons instead

OP, I was also surprised how heavy the OEM wheels are. I do think they are just standard cast wheels, and the large aero surface area on the wheel face probably doesn't help either.
Old 04-12-2023, 04:59 PM
Jnosol
Pro

Received 46 Likes on 24 Posts
Default 6k miles update

6k miles update. Tires still look brand new. I love DWS06. Also, there's enough dry and wet traction that there's no need to switch back to summer setup. Let know if you want my 20" OEM setup. Happy to sell them with 5,500 mi on them.

The following users liked this post:
Wrtflyr (04-12-2023)

Quick Reply: Taycan fitted with Contis DWS06