Notices
Taycan 2019-Current The Electric Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does Advanced 4-Zone Climate Control have higher BTU rating?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2022, 12:44 AM
aCayenneFan
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Does Advanced 4-Zone Climate Control have higher BTU rating?

As the title says, does the 4-zone climate control have a higher BTU rating (to handle higher cooling loads)? I am trying to understand the justification for the option. If it allows rear seat passengers to have individualized climate settings, I will pass. If it has higher BTU rating for the A/C, I am all in.

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-23-2022, 12:08 PM
kayjh
Drifting

Received 708 Likes on 494 Posts

Originally Posted by aCayenneFan
As the title says, does the 4-zone climate control have a higher BTU rating (to handle higher cooling loads)? I am trying to understand the justification for the option. If it allows rear seat passengers to have individualized climate settings, I will pass. If it has higher BTU rating for the A/C, I am all in.

Thanks in advance.
Schnave on the Cayenne (9YO) forum might know. I think he said there is additional coolant in the 4 zone climate control on that model. I'm not sure if that translates to more BTUs of cooling though.
Old 06-25-2022, 04:45 PM
dasams
Rennlist Member

Received 373 Likes on 261 Posts

If you scroll down to the 4 Zone Climate Control post, there's no definite answer but the Cayenne uses 25% more refrigerant. This implies to me that the four zone system has a higher BTU rating. I have it and like it a lot.

Quick Reply: Does Advanced 4-Zone Climate Control have higher BTU rating?