GTS build -- comments

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2022, 01:49 AM
andrew1cohen
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default GTS build -- comments

Hi all:
Got a confirmed build for March, delivery in June for a Taycan GTS. My build is PNM2B3F2. This is a street car. I might track it a little, but not enough to add the obvious track performance items.
-- I live in San Francisco -- the streets are BAD, so dirt, dust, and flat tires are a problem.
-- I will occasionally drive the car to Tahoe in the winter. It's not our primary winter driver, but it will happen. I will get a separate set of tires/rims for winter.
-- I have a garage but the car will spend a few nights on the street
I'm looking for feedback on a few items.
1) Porsche Surface Coated Brakes (PSCB): For city driving with the dust and dirt get into the breaks and give me problems (they do with Ceramic Composite Brakes)?
2) Is the Night Vision addition useful? I drive a lot at night in the mountains. Anything that helps with vision late at night is a good thing. That being said, the early implementations of this function were not that good. Anyone have this one?
3) 21" Mission E Design Wheels. I love them, but 20" is better in San Francisco due to the bad roads. I'll probably downgrade, but thought I'd ask!
4) The Olea Club Leather Interior is a personal choice. I like the look of the GTS package, but I like the club leather, so this one is fixed!

Let me know if I am missing anything you like or think is important! I will have a 50 amp 240 circuit in my garage for charging.

Thanks everyone, I've super excited.
Current car: BMW M4 Convertable, 2015
Past cars:
Audi S4, 2000
Audi A4, 1997
Alfa Romeo GTV 1973
Ford Mustang 289, 1966
Old 01-09-2022, 04:51 PM
Visceral
Rennlist Member

Received 293 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by andrew1cohen
Hi all:
Got a confirmed build for March, delivery in June for a Taycan GTS. My build is PNM2B3F2. This is a street car. I might track it a little, but not enough to add the obvious track performance items.
-- I live in San Francisco -- the streets are BAD, so dirt, dust, and flat tires are a problem.
-- I will occasionally drive the car to Tahoe in the winter. It's not our primary winter driver, but it will happen. I will get a separate set of tires/rims for winter.
-- I have a garage but the car will spend a few nights on the street
I'm looking for feedback on a few items.
1) Porsche Surface Coated Brakes (PSCB): For city driving with the dust and dirt get into the breaks and give me problems (they do with Ceramic Composite Brakes)?
2) Is the Night Vision addition useful? I drive a lot at night in the mountains. Anything that helps with vision late at night is a good thing. That being said, the early implementations of this function were not that good. Anyone have this one?
3) 21" Mission E Design Wheels. I love them, but 20" is better in San Francisco due to the bad roads. I'll probably downgrade, but thought I'd ask!
4) The Olea Club Leather Interior is a personal choice. I like the look of the GTS package, but I like the club leather, so this one is fixed!

Let me know if I am missing anything you like or think is important! I will have a 50 amp 240 circuit in my garage for charging.

Thanks everyone, I've super excited.
Current car: BMW M4 Convertable, 2015
Past cars:
Audi S4, 2000
Audi A4, 1997
Alfa Romeo GTV 1973
Ford Mustang 289, 1966
I'm not sure I'd choose the GTS in SF. The roads in the whole Bay area would have me driving a Ford Raptor Your idea of 20" wheels or less is a good one. You sure you don't want a Cross Turismo?

I like the PCSB. Most of the benefits of the PCCB without some of the bigger downside. I had night vision on two cars (Lexus and Mercedes) and it has not done a single thing for me in either car. I won't buy it with my own money.

Otherwise, enjoy!
Old 01-10-2022, 02:14 PM
andrew1cohen
4th Gear

Thanks! I looked hard at the Cross Turismo -- but I just don't like the look. I wish I did. It looks like the ultimate ski machine

Thanks re: the night vision. That's what I suspected.

​​​​​​​Most of my driving is in the valley -- but if I were commuting downtown every day it would be a different story.
Old 01-12-2022, 10:41 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,619 Likes on 1,627 Posts

Originally Posted by andrew1cohen
Thanks! I looked hard at the Cross Turismo -- but I just don't like the look. I wish I did. It looks like the ultimate ski machine

Thanks re: the night vision. That's what I suspected.

Most of my driving is in the valley -- but if I were commuting downtown every day it would be a different story.
Maybe get a CT 4S and have the arches painted?
Old 01-27-2022, 09:11 AM
Peter Chen
5th Gear

Congrats! When did you place your order and deposit to get build for March?

In my experience Night Vision is not very useful, or not easy to use.
The following users liked this post:
XLR82XS (01-27-2022)
Old 01-27-2022, 10:41 AM
XLR82XS
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 692 Likes on 452 Posts

2) Not worth the $ for it's current capabilities.
Old 01-27-2022, 02:30 PM
GTZ22
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

I would totally avoid night vision. I had it on my Panamera. Never used it.
The sensor lens got hit by a pebble and cracked.
$6000+ repair that was not covered by warranty.
Had no choice but to get it fixed so i could sell the car.
The following users liked this post:
XLR82XS (01-27-2022)

Quick Reply: GTS build -- comments