Notices
Taycan 2019-Current The Electric Porsche
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lucid Air Grand Touring vs Taycan Sport Turismo GTS?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2022, 12:42 PM
edkwon
Racer

Received 246 Likes on 97 Posts

My overall take between Taycan vs the Lucid. If you want a Porsche and an EV that drives like a sports car, go for the Taycan, it's still the best drivers EV on the market.

However the Lucid is a more comfortable, luxurious vehicle and even in these early models with their glitch early software builds, a better overall luxury EV due to its more clever design, fantastic range, efficiency and still has incredible power and performance.

If I didn't prioritize wanting a Porsche and a driver focused car, the Lucid would be at the top of my list.
The following users liked this post:
Der-Schwabe (08-02-2022)
Old 08-02-2022, 01:13 PM
Dr. G7
Three Wheelin'

Received 322 Likes on 265 Posts

Originally Posted by edkwon

If I didn't prioritize wanting … a driver focused car,
Why wouldn’t a person want a driver focused car? I get it with chauffeur driven Rolls Royce Phantom. But Porsche is a driver’s car.

Lucid might be good. Never driven one. But a car from a company with no history?
Old 08-02-2022, 01:15 PM
edkwon
Racer

Originally Posted by Dr. G7
Why wouldn’t a person want a driver focused car? I get it with chauffeur driven Rolls Royce Phantom. But Porsche is a driver’s car.

Lucid might be good. Never driven one. But a car from a company with no history?
It's ok not to understand the reasoning. That's why it's human nature to usually stay in one's comfort zone and understanding. I'm not on a mission to convert anyone's thinking.
The following 4 users liked this post by edkwon:
donutcritic (08-07-2022), drsubie (08-02-2022), pbsis (08-02-2022), thebishman (08-02-2022)
Old 08-03-2022, 03:59 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,798 Likes on 1,095 Posts

I won't drive a car that looks like a bar of soap / Buick, no matter how great it is. Sorry I'm materialistic like that.
Parked next to several of these at EA stations and I just cannot get my head around how they look. The Lucid drivers will comment 'wow the cross tour looks great' and what's my response? yours too? lol I make some **** up to not sound like an ***, I read those have really great range!
Dr. G7 (08-03-2022)
Old 08-03-2022, 04:05 PM
ABVW
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyerx
The Lucid drivers will comment 'wow the cross tour looks great' and what's my response? yours too? lol I make some **** up to not sound like an ***, I read those have really great range!
Say thanks, compliment the Lucid's range, and then ask if they are aware they put money into the pockets of Saudi Arabia's murderous crown prince when they bought the car. (See my post above for details on MBS' 60% ownership of the Lucid.)

Last edited by ABVW; 08-03-2022 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Added sentence in paragraph for clarity
Old 08-03-2022, 04:25 PM
Dr. G7
Three Wheelin'

I won't drive a car that looks like a bar of soap
I love this forum.

Any bar of soup would be attractive with this passenger?

Old 08-03-2022, 04:32 PM
Dr. G7
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by ABVW
then ask if they are aware they put money into the pockets of Saudi Arabia's murderous crown prince when they bought the car.
But that is true with all ICE (~10% petroleum is in America is from Saudi Arabia.) Highlighted by our President's hand kissing troop to the Saudi Arabia

Some EV too (power generators too use petroleum)
XLR82XS (08-03-2022)
Old 08-03-2022, 05:24 PM
edkwon
Racer

I won't drive a car that looks like a bar of soap / Buick, no matter how great it is. Sorry I'm materialistic like that.
Parked next to several of these at EA stations and I just cannot get my head around how they look. The Lucid drivers will comment 'wow the cross tour looks great' and what's my response? yours too? lol I make some **** up to not sound like an ***, I read those have really great range!
No need to apologize, nobody is accusing you of anything. It's no big deal.
Old 08-03-2022, 08:27 PM
ABVW
Intermediate

Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. G7
But that is true with all ICE (~10% petroleum is in America is from Saudi Arabia.) Highlighted by our President's hand kissing troop to the Saudi Arabia

Some EV too (power generators too use petroleum)
Yes, all ICE cars put money in MBS' pockets. And all electric cars do as well due to the fact that grids use fossil fuels (to varying degrees) to generate power. But with the Lucid, MBS gets to double-dip by profiting not only in the fuel but also in the sale of the car itself. I see it as a greater of evils / lesser of evils position with the Lucid being the greatest of 3 evils, an ICE vehicle being the lesser of 3 evils, and any EV that is not a Lucid being the least of 3 evils.
Old 08-03-2022, 09:13 PM
thebishman
Burning Brakes

Received 421 Likes on 245 Posts

Originally Posted by ABVW
Say thanks, compliment the Lucid's range, and then ask if they are aware they put money into the pockets of Saudi Arabia's murderous crown prince when they bought the car. (See my post above for details on MBS' 60% ownership of the Lucid.)
God knows there are so many reasons not to be fans of Saudi Arabia and specifically MBS, but do you have any idea how many western companies the Saudi royal family have invested in over many decades? Are you advocating we not purchase any products from ANY company in which there is a significant investment from the Saudis? What’s left to buy?

Singling out Lucid makes no sense imho.
Old 08-04-2022, 08:47 PM
Dr. G7
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by thebishman
God knows there are so many reasons not to be fans of Saudi Arabia and specifically MBS, but do you have any idea how many western companies the Saudi royal family have invested in over many decades? Are you advocating we not purchase any products from ANY company in which there is a significant investment from the Saudis? What’s left to buy?

Singling out Lucid makes no sense imho.
I agree. Global economy is such that singling out a country makes little to no sense. Even Russia is importing wheat from Ukraine. And Ukrainians are happy to feed the Russians. Taiwan has some of largest manufacturing plants (e.g., Foxconn iPhone) in China. Saudi is one of our largest arms importers. I've seen some of their acres and acres of Humvees (from Oshkosh Wisconsin, a good number of my clients are from Oshkosh.)

Quick Reply: Lucid Air Grand Touring vs Taycan Sport Turismo GTS?