Removing and replacing CT lower inlays

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2021, 06:45 AM
smoothound
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Removing and replacing CT lower inlays

Hi Folks,

Have anyone had the 'inlays' in the lower trim of a Cross Turismo removed and replaced? or done it themselves? i.e. The ones available in Gloss Black/Silver/Vesuvius grey optional finishes - the lower valance inlay, rear diffuser and side-skirt inlays.

Was it straight forward? major job? Just clips and screws? Any wiring, sensors or glue to worry about?

Does it require removal of additional major panels like the full lover bumper?

I want to finish them in a different colour - either wrap or paint.

Any hints welcome

Many thanks

Old 08-12-2022, 10:02 AM
pdt6974
AutoX

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts

The side inlays pop out pretty easily. There are several tabs underneath that have to press in to remove and the upper tabs release fairly easily. I did have one upper tab on each side break so be mindful of the release angle. Still figuring out the front inlay. Haven't tackled the rear yet.
The following users liked this post:
smoothound (08-12-2022)
Old 08-12-2022, 10:15 AM
smoothound
Intermediate

Originally Posted by pdt6974
The side inlays pop out pretty easily. There are several tabs underneath that have to press in to remove and the upper tabs release fairly easily. I did have one upper tab on each side break so be mindful of the release angle. Still figuring out the front inlay. Haven't tackled the rear yet.
Many thanks - that is encouraging - hope to have my car this year - cheers
Old 07-15-2024, 01:49 AM
fdsjkl
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My apologies for reviving an older post, but did you manage to remove the front and rear factory silver inlay? I want them wrapped or painted satin black, but my local installer that I've dealt with for 10+ years refuses to remove them.
Old 07-15-2024, 02:45 AM
smoothound
Intermediate

Originally Posted by fdsjkl
My apologies for reviving an older post, but did you manage to remove the front and rear factory silver inlay? I want them wrapped or painted satin black, but my local installer that I've dealt with for 10+ years refuses to remove them.
Sorry, but in the end, I did not bother. It just became 'too difficult' - with the supports and sensors and stuff front and rear ..... and TBH I quite like the look of the original gloss-black ones (if a bit Meh) -

I still have a big roll of acid-green wrap in my garage 18 months on - was thinking of highlighting some after market wheels - but have been advised that Wrap does not last long on wheels. - so mebbies my grandson's pedal car will become Acid Green.

Hope you find a solution

Al

Last edited by smoothound; 07-15-2024 at 04:00 AM.
Old 07-15-2024, 02:59 AM
fdsjkl
7th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the update. I'll probably try a few more shops locally.

Quick Reply: Removing and replacing CT lower inlays