Sponsored by:

New Taycan Variant Coming?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2021, 10:46 PM
skl
Official Wednesday AM Red Bull F1 test driver
Rennlist Member

Received 942 Likes on 573 Posts

Been waiting for a sport turismo without the cladding so this looks good to me. Not usually a fan of black wheels but this looks good with the white calipers and chalk exterior... I think my wife may be willing to trade her RS5 sportback...
Old 11-18-2021, 08:58 AM
CarAholic
Rennlist Member

Received 187 Likes on 115 Posts

Am I the only one that thinks the cross turismo looks better? Was looking forward to the sport turismo but without the black accents on the rear the proportions looks off to me. The GTS package is no longer a discount pack it has moved up the Porsche food chain in price.
Old 11-18-2021, 09:43 AM
pokingaround
Burning Brakes

Received 124 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
Wonder if / when they're going to bring the other variants of the Sport Tourismo out?
Yeah this is the weird thing to me. If I want the lowered, no-cladding option I have to get a GTS?? Based on the options, specs, pricing, etc....no thanks.
Old 11-18-2021, 09:54 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,618 Posts

Originally Posted by pokingaround
Yeah this is the weird thing to me. If I want the lowered, no-cladding option I have to get a GTS?? Based on the options, specs, pricing, etc....no thanks.
Not surprised that it's this way. But would be surprised if it STAYS this way.
Old 11-18-2021, 09:56 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,618 Posts

Originally Posted by CarAholic
Am I the only one that thinks the cross turismo looks better? Was looking forward to the sport turismo but without the black accents on the rear the proportions looks off to me. The GTS package is no longer a discount pack it has moved up the Porsche food chain in price.
No, and I'm not surprised by that. I knew that from my personal observations of the Panamera Sport Tourismo that the Porsche wagon is a bit TOO long to really have that killer wagon proportion. The Cross Tourismo alleviates that by raising the car and adding some slimming elements (the cladding and black spoiler).

But from some angles, the Sport Tourismo kills it. Most notably the rear 3/4 where it's slammed, you see the huge shoulder / haunch and don't get as much of the length. From direct side profile, the Cross Tourismo wins. But, in real life, you don't view a car directly from the side at 90 degrees very often. So I always reserve judgement until I can see in person. Like the new M3. Looks WAY less garish in person than in photos.
The following users liked this post:
Der-Schwabe (11-18-2021)
Old 11-18-2021, 12:32 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,872 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by CarAholic
Look at it in the previous pictures, in a better color and without those fugly wheels, and it looks pretty good.
Old 11-18-2021, 07:03 PM
Visceral
Rennlist Member

Received 279 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by pokingaround
You can lower the CT safely for <$300.
Old 11-18-2021, 11:47 PM
momo360
Racer

Received 205 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Not blown away by the GTS. A little more power, RaceTex, the fugly sport front bumper, and some special sound? But then I've never really understood the GTS trim package on any Porsche. To me it just always seems like a discounted option package, with a healthy dollop of fake suede thrown in to make people think they're buying a racier car than they really are. And I think Chrysler called and wants their wheels back.
im not understanding the hate for the GTS trim.
The racetex can always be substituted back to full leather for no cost.

In addition, you get sport chrono, PTV+, full leather, 18-ways, and PDLS+ included in the GTS, which are optional on the 4S. The price is only a few $k off. So yes, it is a discounted package, but you get an extra extra power, bespoke suspension, and no ugly black cladding on top.

if you were planning to spec performance and full leather options on your Taycan, the GTS is a great option.
The following 2 users liked this post by momo360:
JetBlack (11-19-2021), PierreTT (11-19-2021)
Old 11-19-2021, 12:00 AM
Visceral
Rennlist Member

Received 279 Likes on 129 Posts

Try configuring a 4s with all the performance goodies (incl PTV+ and PCSB) and then configure a GTS the same. The 4s spec I ordered was $150k. The exact same options on a GTS came to $169k. $19k doesn't seem worth it for the suspension tuning and 30hp.

Originally Posted by Moiz Mian

In addition, you get sport chrono, PTV+, full leather, 18-ways, and PDLS+ included in the GTS, which are optional on the 4S. The price is only a few $k off. So yes, it is a discounted package, but you get an extra extra power, bespoke suspension, and no ugly black cladding on top.

if you were planning to spec performance and full leather options on your Taycan, the GTS is a great option.
Old 11-19-2021, 12:41 AM
Archimedes
Race Director

Its $12.5k more for a little more power and some suspension stuff that the car doesn’t need. For another $10k I could have a turbo, which is what I would do if I wanted more power than a 4S.

And what ugly black cladding?

Honestly, that front bumper alone kills it for me. It’s so ugly.

Last edited by Archimedes; 11-19-2021 at 12:48 AM.
Old 11-19-2021, 12:45 AM
momo360
Racer

Originally Posted by Visceral
Try configuring a 4s with all the performance goodies (incl PTV+ and PCSB) and then configure a GTS the same. The 4s spec I ordered was $150k. The exact same options on a GTS came to $169k. $19k doesn't seem worth it for the suspension tuning and 30hp.
PSCB is not included on either so I left that out. But if I take a Cross-Turismo 4S, and add 20s, sport chrono, PTV+, full leather, 18-ways, and PDLS+, I get to $127k.

Everything I’ve listed above is standard on the GTS, so equivalently it’s $133k. So $6k more. If you’re getting 19k, you must not be speccing them equally.

Understandably, you may not want all the options included on the GTS, so in that case, the price gap could be larger like you mentioned, but if you want the options listed above, it becomes a very small difference in price.

Last edited by momo360; 11-19-2021 at 12:47 AM.
Old 11-19-2021, 12:49 AM
momo360
Racer

Its $12.5k more for a little more power and some suspension stuff that the car doesn’t need. For another $10k I could have a turbo, which is what I would do if I wanted more power than a 4S.

And what ugly black cladding?

Honestly, that front bumper alone kills it for me. It’s so ugly.
It’s $6k more if you add 20s, sport chrono, PTV+, full leather, 18-ways, and PDLS+ to a 4S Cross Turismo.

why wouldn’t you want all that stuff on a 6 figure car?
Old 11-19-2021, 01:25 AM
Archimedes
Race Director

It’s $6k more if you add 20s, sport chrono, PTV+, full leather, 18-ways, and PDLS+ to a 4S Cross Turismo.

why wouldn’t you want all that stuff on a 6 figure car?
Not sure what you’re taking about. If I take my 4S build and spec the GTS the same, the GTS is $12.5k higher in price. And it includes all of those things plus 21” wheels.

BTW, no hate here. Just no big excitement. It’s the typical Porsche GTS formula.

Last edited by Archimedes; 11-19-2021 at 01:35 AM.
Old 11-19-2021, 01:47 AM
momo360
Racer

Not sure what you’re taking about. If I take my 4S build and spec the GTS the same, the GTS is $12.5k higher in price. And it includes all of those things plus 21” wheels.

BTW, no hate here. Just no big excitement. It’s the typical Porsche GTS formula.
hmm maybe you are missing the big battery. That’s $5.5k included on the GTS
Old 11-19-2021, 03:28 AM
az2au
AutoX

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Not blown away by the GTS. A little more power, RaceTex, the fugly sport front bumper, and some special sound? But then I've never really understood the GTS trim package on any Porsche. To me it just always seems like a discounted option package, with a healthy dollop of fake suede thrown in to make people think they're buying a racier car than they really are. And I think Chrysler called and wants their wheels back.
I can only tell you that I had 3 911s. A 991 Carrera S (2015), a 991 GTS (2018) and a 991 GT3 (2018). The GTS was by far my favorite in every single way and I still feel like a moron for selling it. The GT3 was fine and was ~$50K more expensive but it less fun to drive, not as nice overall and honestly less interesting. I have a Taycan Turbo now and after 14 Porsches it is second to only the GTS on cars I've loved. The GT3 would be top 5 but no better. It just wasn't the same class of fun.
The following users liked this post:
XLR82XS (11-19-2021)

Quick Reply: New Taycan Variant Coming?