Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chalk Deviated Stitching with Dolomite Exterior

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2020 | 07:33 PM
Kansas911
Rennlist Member

Default Chalk Deviated Stitching with Dolomite Exterior

About to order a loaded 2021 Taycan Turbo S. I am struggling with the deviated stitching options. There is no silver to go with Dolomite. My best option is chalk. Anyone have any feedback on whether the chalk deviated stitching will go with the Dolomite exterior? I wasn't going to do the chalk seat belts as I thought that was too much of the color and would be more obvious a mismatch. I could do yellow to match the brake calipers but I did that for my 992 Turbo S Cab and don't want to repeat.
Old 11-03-2020 | 08:00 PM
Nelson Paiva
Intermediate

If you google images of other Porsches with that combo you should be able to find a few out there. Maybe not the Taycan, but on a 911 for example, to give you some ideas.
I think it would look fine and good. The only issue I have with chalk or silver deviated stitching is whether they keep their color well. Tend to absorb blue from the jeans or dirt from other rubbing in/out from the seat. I like to stick with darker colors for the stitching. Good luck.
Old 11-03-2020 | 08:00 PM
bdoviack
Instructor

Not sure about chalk. Think polyester might be a better fit for Dolomite

Old 11-03-2020 | 09:19 PM
unclewill
Racer

Originally Posted by Kansas911
About to order a loaded 2021 Taycan Turbo S. I am struggling with the deviated stitching options. There is no silver to go with Dolomite. My best option is chalk. Anyone have any feedback on whether the chalk deviated stitching will go with the Dolomite exterior? I wasn't going to do the chalk seat belts as I thought that was too much of the color and would be more obvious a mismatch. I could do yellow to match the brake calipers but I did that for my 992 Turbo S Cab and don't want to repeat.
Porsche Salt Lake City has a dolomite over chalk Taycan Turbo in stock right now.

Quick Reply: Chalk Deviated Stitching with Dolomite Exterior