Sponsored by:

Panoramic Roof

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2020, 12:26 PM
Mr_Marty
Instructor

Received 113 Likes on 63 Posts
Default Panoramic Roof

Can anyone with the panoramic roof comment about its effect on the interior temperature on bright, summer days? I'm concerned about the internal temperature rise. I currently have a Cayenne with the panoramic roof and never really use it and keep the sunshade closed all the time. However that roof is not as heavily tinted as the Taycan's.
Old 10-22-2020, 12:31 PM
Nelson Paiva
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

When I went for tinting of the front and rear door windows I asked about tinting it darker and they told me it was unnecessary.
It is heavily tinted and does not seem to have any negative effect on temperate in the car or that much brightness.
If you were to look from above, under certain light conditions it has a red tint color in the morning. Kind of interesting.
I had similar concerns and it has not been an issue.

If I was given the choice of glass roof, metal or carbon fiber, likely at order time I would have gone with either metal or carbon fiber. But now that I have the glass roof I am very happy it came that way. Nice to find out something I am enjoying when in fact not what I would normally pick.

Last edited by Nelson Paiva; 10-22-2020 at 10:04 PM.
Old 10-22-2020, 01:36 PM
umwolverine
Racer

Received 128 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr_Marty
Can anyone with the panoramic roof comment about its effect on the interior temperature on bright, summer days? I'm concerned about the internal temperature rise. I currently have a Cayenne with the panoramic roof and never really use it and keep the sunshade closed all the time. However that roof is not as heavily tinted as the Taycan's.
There is amazingly almost no heat transmission whatsoever. I have the upgraded 'soundproofing etc.' glass, so I'm not sure if that makes any difference. The IR blocking is very cool, and I took a picture showing the light reflecting off the raindrops on the roof. Quite something.

Old 10-22-2020, 01:55 PM
r553
Rennlist Member

Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

I have a Heat Shield reflective cover for my panoramic roof.

A benefit of the panoramic roof is it supports a roof rack system. The metal roof does not.
The panoramic roof was mandatory option when I ordered my car last March.
Old 10-22-2020, 04:20 PM
lowpue
Rennlist Member

Received 544 Likes on 263 Posts

Originally Posted by r553
A benefit of the panoramic roof is it supports a roof rack system. The metal roof does not.
The panoramic roof was mandatory option when I ordered my car last March.
Now that is interesting....I wanted a car without the mandatory sunroof when I ordered but now that I know the roof rack is supported with only a glass roof it seems like the better decision now.

Thanks
Old 10-22-2020, 05:29 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,619 Likes on 1,627 Posts

Originally Posted by umwolverine
There is amazingly almost no heat transmission whatsoever. I have the upgraded 'soundproofing etc.' glass, so I'm not sure if that makes any difference. The IR blocking is very cool, and I took a picture showing the light reflecting off the raindrops on the roof. Quite something.

Tesla used to use this glass for the roof on their Model 3's and it's amazing. I ran my Model 3 in Houston without any tint or shade on the roof and suffered ZERO issues. My newer Model 3 has a different coating that does not work as well.

With the Taycan having this type of glass for the pano roof, I would not worry in the slightest about glare or heat load.
The following users liked this post:
daveo4porsche (10-22-2020)
Old 10-23-2020, 01:37 PM
mikkm
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm very happy with the panorama roof. Had it through summer, no problem with heat. Ordered the roof rack with the car, really easy to use. Max 5 mins to put on or remove.

Quick Reply: Panoramic Roof