Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

I like my new spyder so much already I just had to buy another.....

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2016, 04:17 PM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Received 661 Likes on 276 Posts
Default I like my new spyder so much already I just had to buy another.....

Such a great car! Shame the model isn't available with the Carrera red interior....

Name:  CC84AB46-210D-40FE-9480-5B26001DB41A.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  1.61 MB

It will join my other mini versions.

Name:  DSC03318.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  5.14 MB
Old 08-31-2016, 06:36 PM
DaveGee
Rennlist Member

Received 479 Likes on 268 Posts

Too cool!

I've been looking everyplace for 1:18 scale 987 Spyder. Any sources to recommend?

DaveGee
Old 08-31-2016, 07:45 PM
christallon
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 136 Posts

I'll ck my small version at home. It's still in the plastic display case, so it should have manufacturers info on it. Came with my Spyder when I bought it off original owner. Cool!
Old 08-31-2016, 11:07 PM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,273 Likes on 586 Posts

I've got that little guy too! The only difference is that my wheels are silver. Nice collection w the TT's as well.
Old 08-31-2016, 11:14 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

How on earth did you get the TT with matching wheels!

I am also interested in getting one of the Spyder models. Dealers were selling them until the new one was introduced and I haven't seen them around since.
Old 09-01-2016, 12:41 AM
ClintonM3
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That one is made by a company called GT Spirit. It is 1:18 scale. White with black wheels. They also make it in red with silver wheels, but with white Spyder side decal, which is not true to life as red 987 Spyders came with black decals. Both colors come with front and rear license plates.

Minichamp makes a smaller die cast in 1:43. No front plate, and comes on a black platform. White with silver wheels, black with silver wheels, or red with black wheels. All comes with detachable sunshield.

Hot Wheels makes three 987 Spyders. White, red and aqua. White and red were the original ones, mostly true to life, with the exception of having signiture five double spoke Hot Wheels dubs. The aqua one has a weird white rocker panel, beige interior and gold wheels.

A few years ago, I was in Hong Kong and was at the Auto Art Showroom. If you are not familiar with Auto Art, their die cast models are top notch. I requested them to make a 987 Spyder, they took my suggestion, I followed up a couple of times, but they decided on other models.
Old 09-01-2016, 09:09 AM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Received 661 Likes on 276 Posts

^ Correct, it is the GT Spirit version. They make very nicely detailed resin models - this is my 4th one. Just a shame they decided to put the front plate on it though.

Originally Posted by DaveGee
Too cool!

I've been looking everyplace for 1:18 scale 987 Spyder. Any sources to recommend?

DaveGee
I found it on ebay - there were plenty of others also. I think I paid around $130

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
How on earth did you get the TT with matching wheels!

I am also interested in getting one of the Spyder models. Dealers were selling them until the new one was introduced and I haven't seen them around since.
The 993tt model was built using an arena red UT model and a GT2 UT model as the donor for the wheels and interior.

Trending Topics

Old 09-01-2016, 10:42 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,273 Likes on 586 Posts

Originally Posted by ClintonM3
That one is made by a company called GT Spirit. It is 1:18 scale. White with black wheels. They also make it in red with silver wheels, but with white Spyder side decal, which is not true to life as red 987 Spyders came with black decals. Both colors come with front and rear license plates.

Minichamp makes a smaller die cast in 1:43. No front plate, and comes on a black platform. White with silver wheels, black with silver wheels, or red with black wheels. All comes with detachable sunshield.

Hot Wheels makes three 987 Spyders. White, red and aqua. White and red were the original ones, mostly true to life, with the exception of having signiture five double spoke Hot Wheels dubs. The aqua one has a weird white rocker panel, beige interior and gold wheels.

A few years ago, I was in Hong Kong and was at the Auto Art Showroom. If you are not familiar with Auto Art, their die cast models are top notch. I requested them to make a 987 Spyder, they took my suggestion, I followed up a couple of times, but they decided on other models.
AutoArt is the best. Super detailed, high quality build.

Quick Reply: I like my new spyder so much already I just had to buy another.....