Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

Spyder Love

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2012, 02:50 PM
fast1
Race Car

Received 221 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Plavan
The top is what makes our Spyders so valuable now, and years from no. Only REAL enthusiasts have them.
True but there aren't that many real enthusiasts. The ideal appreciation scenario is for a car to be in very high demand with very limited production. Although the Spyder has limited production, the demand would be much higher if the top were automatic. Nevertheless I agree that the Spyder is about as pure a sports car as Porsche makes.

Actually it wouldn't even have to be automatic. If it were at least easy to lower and raise: release a latch and then simply pull back into a storage area would suffice for me.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:18 PM
Plavan
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fast1
True but there aren't that many real enthusiasts. The ideal appreciation scenario is for a car to be in very high demand with very limited production. Although the Spyder has limited production, the demand would be much higher if the top were automatic. Nevertheless I agree that the Spyder is about as pure a sports car as Porsche makes.

Actually it wouldn't even have to be automatic. If it were at least easy to lower and raise: release a latch and then simply pull back into a storage area would suffice for me.
I have always said "If you do not like the Spyder's Top, this car was not meant for you"

It was meant for Me and the others that love the purposeful, light, sexy, manual top. It seperates the men from the boy or "Poser" Enthusiasts.

It really does.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:36 PM
fast1
Race Car

Received 221 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Plavan
I have always said "If you do not like the Spyder's Top, this car was not meant for you"

It was meant for Me and the others that love the purposeful, light, sexy, manual top. It seperates the men from the boy or "Poser" Enthusiasts.

It really does.
Or it separates the guys who live in the warmer climates from those who live in colder areas. I would guess that the majority of Spyder owners live in the South and West.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:14 PM
medtech
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The thing that folks who don't have one, don't realize, is that the top is a true masterpiece, that really would't be as good any other way. It should be looked at as the cherry on top of an exquisite design, and not as a minus in any way.

I mean, what other top would give you 3 completely different driving options??

It's just amazing, irregardless of what climate you live in.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:47 PM
Plavan
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by medtech
The thing that folks who don't have one, don't realize, is that the top is a true masterpiece, that really would't be as good any other way. It should be looked at as the cherry on top of an exquisite design, and not as a minus in any way.

I mean, what other top would give you 3 completely different driving options??

It's just amazing, irregardless of what climate you live in.
So true. It never stopped me from driving or being uncomfortable in Central California weather (Near Fresno) 110 degrees today- no prob- I just threw the Bikini top on without the weather protector. 30 Degrees in Jan, put the complete top on with the heater on, no problem.

People without Spyders really do not know the car. It's all weather (well maybe not snow)
Old 07-13-2012, 11:00 PM
good hands
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

http://jalopnik.com/5549796/2011-por...er-first-drive

Still my favorite article about the Spyder. It really captures it's essence....

I have the spoiler button. If you press it at the same time you press the accelerator it makes your d*ck hard...
Old 07-13-2012, 11:29 PM
medtech
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by good hands

I have the spoiler button. If you press it at the same time you press the accelerator it makes your d*ck hard...
^^
Old 07-14-2012, 10:55 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Originally Posted by good hands

I thought I had written every article about the Spyder, but there's no doubt that I missed this one. It is well written and does a great job explaining how I also feel about the car. Thanks

Quick Reply: Spyder Love