Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

Price to pay for a Spyder

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 07:48 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

One thing I like about Porsche is that you have the option to get whatever you prefer and they have plenty of options available that will suit everyone's tastes and requirements. It would be really cool to get a large group of Spyders together to see how everyone configured them! I would be very surprised if any two are identical.
Old 06-06-2011, 08:22 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

maybe I'm one of the few who bought "off the rack", but am very happy with the package

was at the dealer today to see the Turbo S Cab that placed second in my choices... am a fool for HP, but made the right choice. this is a special car.

got two bits of news;

1) going to 2012's cuz they are shutting '12 production early to reset for new bodies across the board (maybe you all knew that already)

2) dealer is having a track day!!!! gonna find out what you fast boys are talking about and try my own tactics with this Beast.

only mod will be my LW Battery and CG locks for my plain, heated seats...
Old 06-06-2011, 09:15 PM
gwc
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spyder Gathering

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
It would be really cool to get a large group of Spyders together to see how everyone configured them! I would be very surprised if any two are identical.

I agree, it would be great to get a group of spyder owners together. I guess it would be a little difficult to get too many spyder owners in one place, given the total numbers are so few and we are scattered all over the country.

I have been considering the Blue Ridge Boxster Summit for next year. Check it out and see what you think.

http://www.brbs.org/

Gary
Old 06-06-2011, 10:24 PM
scycle2020
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for those of us with hip issues the regular buckets go up and down and are easier to get in and out of. Also, I would not buy a convertible with out heated seats as this extends the riding season well into winter....but everyones anatomy and physical condition is different and to each his own..either way this is a brillant car...
Old 06-06-2011, 11:06 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

was reading where the "Sport Buckets" are the same as the carbon shells in the GT-2. Is this true?
Old 06-06-2011, 11:30 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Originally Posted by allegretto
was reading where the "Sport Buckets" are the same as the carbon shells in the GT-2. Is this true?
Yes it is.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:30 AM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

True Story;

a year ago... OK 10-11 mo ago my dealer called me saying he had a 997 GT-2 with 400 mi on it that would be perfect for me. Went over that night. Sure enough, a beautiful Meteor GT-2. Drove it. Amazing is all I can say. A true uber-performance car. Told him that I loved the car, but over the years have found (perhaps oddly) that seats are one of the most important aspects. Comfort is a very important part of enjoyment. But I was gonna buy it cuz it was special

Was walking to the Business Office to do the deal and was arrested by a flash of blue. There in the prep bay was a drop dead gorgeous Aqua Blue GT-3. Asked and it was available. Took both cars for 3 test drives each that night back to back. The GT-3 was only $25-30K less so price was not an issue.

Took the GT-3 for several reasons;

1) throttle response of a GT-3 is at once a sublime and overt joy that few cars in the world possess. the hesitation of a GT-2 is really a let down after driving a 3
2) Aqua Blue is one of the "perfect" colors that Porsche produces. yes, just a matter of taste of course
3) A seat with no rake adjustment??? Don't think that hunts for me unless it's a trackcar
4) Bun warmers and lovely alcantara seats in the 3
5) Both cars were "too much" for the street, so what did speed matter anymore? The revs alone in the 3 are an experience to behold in its own right

those seats are wonderful if you track somewhat, and perhaps that alone is enough if you do. Hugely supportive. Once again, Porsche got it "right" for a given application.

But for this car... definitely more happy with the heated "cheap seats"

Quick Reply: Price to pay for a Spyder