Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

Open Spyder Allocation......

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 02:26 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts
Default Open Spyder Allocation......

So I learned today that my Spyder is already on the vessel and headed to the states!

Having learned this I thought I would pass along that I am aware of an open Spyder allocation which is scheduled for April build date and May delivery.

If anyone is interested in configuring/ordering one please feel free to PM or email me and I will pass along the dealer and contact person.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:39 PM
JSF101
Burning Brakes

Received 170 Likes on 97 Posts
Default congrats

won't be long before you're driving a Spyder!

do you know if I can get one in Speed Yellow?

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
So I learned today that my Spyder is already on the vessel and headed to the states!

Having learned this I thought I would pass along that I am aware of an open Spyder allocation which is scheduled for April build date and May delivery.

If anyone is interested in configuring/ordering one please feel free to PM or email me and I will pass along the dealer and contact person.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:29 PM
Dave I
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Yellow is not possible in a Spyder, only black, red, white, silver. No paint to sample option on the '11 cars.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:09 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dave I
Yellow is not possible in a Spyder, only black, red, white, silver. No paint to sample option on the '11 cars.
I've also heard the same from all my sources.

It's possible that PTS will be available after July on 2012 Spyders but then it really depends on if they continue to produce or not. Regardless open allocations are very hard to come by and people seem to ****** them up fairly quickly when they are discovered......at least that is the case here on the East Coast. West Coast dealers have more allocations from what I've seen.
Old 02-23-2011, 10:57 PM
Dino944
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Marine Blue
Congrats on the good news!!! I'm glad you won't miss any of the driving season, provided we ever see nice weather again in this part of the country.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:20 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Dino944

Congrats on the good news!!! I'm glad you won't miss any of the driving season, provided we ever see nice weather again in this part of the country.
Thanks Dino! I can't wait to get out on the road this year. Learning that it's already built and on its way was shocking and exciting. I was certain that the car wasn't going to be built until early April. Porsche must be working overtime.

It's going to be a great summer.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:36 PM
n4v4nod
Rennlist Member

Received 1,703 Likes on 936 Posts

Congrats Marine Blue,
Your wait is finally coming to an end. Luckily for you your cruise is short versus us on the west coast. Be sure to take plenty pictures of your new Baby and post them here!
Oh and on the allocation... Part of me wants production to continue if PTS is available on the other end I want the Spyder to be more rare!
Old 03-05-2011, 01:50 AM
briweed
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Michael Stead in Walnut Creek, CA just got a white one in (around $72K). Has sport seats (not buckets), PDK. Ask for Phil Horta. He sold me mine and treated me right. Just arrived in this afternoon.

B
Old 03-05-2011, 10:51 AM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Keep in mind that this is an open allocation that can be built to your specification, not to the dealers spec.

I know most of what I was seeing available at the dealers across the country either had a funky color combo or options which I wasn't interested in.

Quick Reply: Open Spyder Allocation......