Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

guards red on a spyder ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 08:34 AM
thatguitarplace
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default guards red on a spyder ?

not sure to go for basalt black or guards red on my spyder order?..or do i wait for pts and then spec riviera blue ? pts will be avaialable july 2011 onwards..does guard red work well with the spyder ? as never seen one
Old 01-19-2011, 10:51 AM
jrotsaert
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

It does, for me it was a toss between red and white. I chose white but red looks great in my opinion
Old 01-19-2011, 12:27 PM
pcw
Instructor

For me it was also about upkeep. I went with white because I feel that the Spyder looks awesome in white (and I am not a white type of guy). Black and blue is very hard to keep up on, it will show EVERY imperfection in the paint, watermarks, swirls etc.. Red is like white, less upkeep and will hide a good deal of minor paint issues. littlebulldogg on Planet 9 has a guards red Spyder with Black rims, looks awesome, Red would have been my second choice. Do a search, there are lots of pictures of littlebulldogg car.

pcw
Old 01-19-2011, 01:23 PM
Only1Buck
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 40 Posts

I have Red with Black interior only have dealer pictures at this point as we have had lots of snow...with respect to PTS, I spoke with my dealer yesterday and he spoke with PCNA who is indicating that PTS is not and will not be available on the Spyder in the USA. Which dealer indicated that PTS would be available? I would sell my red one to be able to do PTS.
Old 01-19-2011, 02:18 PM
thatguitarplace
Intermediate

i had confirmation from sales at porsche uk on pts from july onwards
Old 01-19-2011, 03:00 PM
Dino944
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I'd rather have basalt black over guards red or white. It seems a bit rarer. I've seen the color in person and I really like it a lot. As for red, I'd probably only choose it if it was on a dealer's lot and I was getting a good deal on it. Guards red just isn't a color that I've ever liked on Porsches. White looks good on the Spyder, but it seems like it might be the most common color choice for a Spyder. Just look at the used ones available in the USA on Porsche's website and more than half of them are white. Get something a bit different go with basalt black, or if there truly will be PTS available in the summer then that opens other avenues for you.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:12 PM
TheKane
Rennlist Member

Received 75 Likes on 27 Posts

I chose white, then I sat in both the black and silver cars from my dealer's allocation that were delivered first. I definitely feel I made the right choice, but the other two colors definitely looked great. You can see the curves/lines better on the white. And, I'm a black car/motorcycle guy, I've never owned anything white in my life.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:45 PM
thatguitarplace
Intermediate

every used spyder on the porsche uk is white also !
would be great to see some hq pics of guards red
and basalt black !
Old 01-19-2011, 05:32 PM
khooni
Burning Brakes

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TheKane
I chose white, then I sat in both the black and silver cars from my dealer's allocation that were delivered first. I definitely feel I made the right choice, but the other two colors definitely looked great. You can see the curves/lines better on the white. And, I'm a black car/motorcycle guy, I've never owned anything white in my life.
that's exactly right. I saw 3 spyders side by side(red, white and black), the humps and curves are shown in their best light in white. even red doesn't show curves as well. That was the clincher for me....

Silver could be good looking as well but for me it was a no brainer in white...esp with black wheels
Old 01-19-2011, 06:03 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

White with black wheels is a great combo but I also like the black and that is probably what I'm going with. I'm a detailing nut so upkeep of black is not problem and I'm actually looking forward to creating a pool of oil liquid look on the car.

As far as the double humps, the white does show them best on camera but in person I preferred the black.

Go with what you like, its your car and you're the one that needs love it! Good luck and let us know what you decide.
Old 01-19-2011, 06:23 PM
thatguitarplace
Intermediate

at the moment i'm now thinking about gelbgrun (70s colour) yellow green its very loud
and i think will look awesome as pts with black wheels.

Quick Reply: guards red on a spyder ?