Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

Spyder test drive impressions and a question

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011, 04:06 PM
s2ktaxi
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

MarineBlue - I've been finding that even the most desperate dealers in snow areas trying to unload Spyders aren't willing to discount more than 6-7% on a new car. The outlier was a Porsche Exec Demo that had a 15% discount but it had 6k miles and I lost out on the deal when someone bought the car while I was on the phone to close the deal.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:35 PM
SDGuy
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by s2ktaxi
SDguy - you should see if anyone wants to do a swap. I for one prefer the Sport Buckets but would have a larger selection if I knew I had someone to swap seats with. Only problem is I'm looking for black interiors.
s2K- I've got a list of cars I compiled last week if you are looking for a car. If you are not looking for PDK, why don't you buy the used Spyder they have at the Porsche dealer in Monterey, CA and swap the heated sport red seats with me

Edit - whoops, that one has the Sport Buckets too. I know I saw one somewhere with the red sport seats. Oh, here it is - Rusnak Westlake in Thousand Oaks - a new car...

Last edited by SDGuy; 01-05-2011 at 04:53 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 10:32 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

Thanks for the feedback everyone, very much appreciated. The 6 - 7% is what I've seen as well but some dealers won't even do that. Then again I wasn't ready to buy at the time and now I am.

Right now my main goal is to try to find an allocation for a new Spyder so I can order it the way I want. If that doesn't work out I'm going to have to settle for whatever is left on the lots or a used one. The only bummer is that most of these cars weren't ordered with PSE and I agree that it is an absolute must have item! I know its available aftermarket but I was really hoping to keep the car completely stock and just enjoy it. Have to wait and see what happens I guess.

Quick Reply: Spyder test drive impressions and a question