Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

Testing the mkt - any thoughts on what my 987 Spyder is worth?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2024, 07:44 PM
daylorb
Rennlist Member

Received 81 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Bxstr
Report doesn't look concerning. Most buyers, as you'd expect, will want a PPI. But the fact that you had it inspected and nothing was discovered as being incorrect, I doubt the new PPI would find anything provided that everything else is solid mechanically, which I'd guess it is with an enthusiast owner.
Thanks - yes definitely - I'd never buy without a PPI either.

When I bought it I had a PPI done at Salt Lake City Porsche, and this cosmetic report done separately. The care was actually originally sold in TX, then they moved to UT and sold it there to the dealer who sold to me. The carfax was clean but since I bought it sight unseen had the two different inspections.

Based on the cosmetic inspection it does not look like much if any work was done on it, which is interesting given the paint meter reading I have on it. Granted it is an inexpensive meter...

Was curious what people thought about that cosmetic inspection, I've never done one besides this car, I usually magnet test it/paint meter on my own if need be.

Old 01-16-2024, 09:52 AM
husker boxster
Rennlist Member

Received 139 Likes on 72 Posts

If you listed on BAT, you can be sure someone in the peanut gallery will ask if the IMS has been fixed. 🤷‍♂️

Pcarmarket is more civilized with just questions and bids vs snark but if your car doesn't meet reserve, it goes to Deal Tank. They require you to keep it in DT for 3 wks, as well as NOT advertise it elsewhere during that time, so you're stuck in that purgatory until the time expires. That may be OK with the seller, but you have to consider it when choosing them.
The following users liked this post:
daylorb (01-16-2024)