Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

987.2 Spyder

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2021, 09:20 AM
geoorlando
Rennlist Member

Received 47 Likes on 34 Posts
Default 987.2 Spyder

Greetings,

I am in the process of purchasing a (2012) 987.2 Spyder and would appreciate any thoughts about any model specific areas of focus in a PPI? Also, any insights on the following would be appreciated:

1- Where can I get a PDF of the Owner's Manual- anything I can find on the Internet has a stale/broken link or is not in English
2- Has anyone upgraded PCM 3?
3- Confirming A/C came with Automatic Climate Control and not a separate option?

I have driven the car and love the ride.

Best,

G.

Old 07-13-2021, 01:53 PM
alemaniac
Racer

Received 154 Likes on 81 Posts

I have updated my PCM 3.0 on my 2012 Spyder as far as it will go with the Dealer CD's. I forgot what the title to the last CD was, but it was confirmed with PCNA to be the last and most recent. PCM 3.0 is alright, but I'm also someone who could care less if I had a stereo in that car. Maybe if it was my DD car, it would be important to me. PSE is all I need for music. On the climate control, my window sticker lists "Automatic Climate Control" as a $1,760 option on my car. Nothing is listed for air conditioning under the "Comfort/Convenience" section of the window sticker.
Old 07-13-2021, 02:08 PM
geoorlando
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by alemaniac
I have updated my PCM 3.0 on my 2012 Spyder as far as it will go with the Dealer CD's. I forgot what the title to the last CD was, but it was confirmed with PCNA to be the last and most recent. PCM 3.0 is alright, but I'm also someone who could care less if I had a stereo in that car. Maybe if it was my DD car, it would be important to me. PSE is all I need for music. On the climate control, my window sticker lists "Automatic Climate Control" as a $1,760 option on my car. Nothing is listed for air conditioning under the "Comfort/Convenience" section of the window sticker.
Appreciate the response.

"On the climate control, my window sticker lists "Automatic Climate Control" as a $1,760 option on my car. Nothing is listed for air conditioning under the "Comfort/Convenience" section of the window sticker"

Assuming you do have A/C?

Thanks,

G.
Old 07-13-2021, 02:14 PM
alemaniac
Racer

I do have A/C. Correct.
Old 07-13-2021, 05:02 PM
geoorlando
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by alemaniac
I do have A/C. Correct.
Thank you!
Old 07-13-2021, 09:04 PM
alemaniac
Racer

Also, good luck on the purchase. These are incredible cars. I was in your shoes just over one year ago. And regarding the owners manual (assuming maybe the considered example doesn't have one), I am 99 percent sure they use the same manual as the other 987.2 Boxsters, but they just reference certain Spyder only features, such as the top. Original paper manuals are easily and cheaply found on the 'Bay. Maybe you were wanting the pdf version to reference before your purchase, and, if so, that makes sense. Good luck and post up some pics when you get your Spyder.

Quick Reply: 987.2 Spyder