Notices
Spyder/Cayman R Discussions about the 987 Spyder/Cayman R (2011-2012)

987.2 Spyder A/C Delete

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2017, 10:50 AM
Zeus993
Rennlist Member

Received 1,273 Likes on 586 Posts

Silver / Red
AC delete
CH (Cup holder) delete
HLW (Head Light Washer) delete
MT
LBWS
Fast as hell...
Old 01-23-2020, 09:58 PM
Al Z
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Hello,
Revived old thread .
Own one of the last few 2012 987.2 Spyder’s in Carrera White with A/C Delete also.
Cup Holder Delete
Rear Badge Delete
Carbon LWB’s
Short Shifter
CDR 30

Does anyone have a figure on how many A/C delete Spyder’s were sold in the North American market ?

Thanks
Al Z
Old 01-24-2020, 03:30 PM
9872SpeedYellowCS
Burning Brakes

Received 449 Likes on 224 Posts

Does anyone have any idea about Radio Delete cars as well?

I'd love a car with AC and without Radio
Old 01-24-2020, 03:59 PM
Boiler Inspector
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

You can get a radio delete panel from Suncoast unless you insist on having an original from the factory radio delete.
Old 01-24-2020, 07:29 PM
Al Z
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I totally agree with the previous comments. The unique design of the Spyder top allows for plenty of airflow, thus an A/C is not really needed in my opinion even in the hot Midwest summers .
Al Z
Old 01-24-2020, 08:09 PM
EBruce
Advanced

Received 36 Likes on 15 Posts

I agree if it’s going to be AC delete, it needs to be radio delete from the factory as well. That and without the full leather, a manual and the buckets would be the lightweight special.
The following users liked this post:
Zeus993 (01-26-2020)
Old 02-21-2020, 11:39 PM
kDub
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

I do not have the AC option but it has the radio option and LWBS. I did not want radio or AC but I couldn’t find one - actually I did find one in Chicago but it sold in 4 hours. Now that I have the radio I’m glad I got it.

Last edited by kDub; 01-20-2022 at 11:41 AM.
Old 02-25-2020, 03:50 AM
whitefang
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AC delete, 6MT, Short Shift, CF Buckets, Black Wheels, Sport Chrono, Xenons, Black Steering Wheel (late build).
Old 02-25-2020, 05:44 PM
11Spydr
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 2011 987.2 PDK Spyder is AC delete but w/ radio . If I remember correctly you could not get the Sport Chrono package (which IMO is a must w/PDK for the sport & sport+ shift modes) w/o the radio. I never use the radio or the sport chrono wart on the dash & would have been happier w/o them. A great vehicle otherwise & it still makes me smile when I drive it.
Old 01-20-2022, 04:28 AM
Sl Jackson
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have '12 w/o A/C

From other 987.2 Spyder production info here, only (4) 2012's came without A/C.
Old 01-20-2022, 11:38 AM
kDub
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Dumb question - but on this car I thought standard spec was no AC, no radio and LWBS. So LWBS we’re not an option you could add, and to get AC or Radio you had to add the option - I.e. it was not a delete?

I had someone try to tell me I had added the LWBS aftermarket because it was not an option on my build sheet.
Old 01-21-2022, 05:03 AM
Full Boost
Why do I feel so left out!
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 203 Posts

IIRC - AC Delete, Radio delete and LWB delete were a NO Cost option - meaning if you deleted them - there was no credit back!

Could've been just my market however - only 26 sold over 2011/12 MY runs.

​​​​​​​Simon
Old 01-21-2022, 07:38 PM
Sharx
AutoX

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

This is a replacement of above post with user name SI Jackson (needed username changed back). I have done much research on 987.2 Spyders and little bit on Cayman R's of the same period. The reason was that when I bought mine in 2018, I had no idea it was a 1 of 4 without A/C. This got me to look further and find out as much as I could on the last 5 years of sales on Bring a Trailer where I bought mine and where they archive the info the best. I also think that site is the best for getting practically the best version for the best dollar with the most "eyeballs" as buyers. Private or dealer sales are often less of a car, and often less of a sales price. They also can be all over the place as far as comparable options to the final sales price. Often, you don't even get to find out what the car actually had to compare other sales to. I read/researched for 18 months before I bought mine. I didn't want a 911, never have. I have owned a Guards Red 944 for years when I paid only $5k for a 50k mileage fantastic car. I couldn't afford anything else then. So for my second one, I wanted a Porsche, but I didn't want one I would see every time I took it out, a Cars and Coffee meet or any show. I accomplished that for sure as I am often either the only Spyder or certainly the only 987.2, of course amongst MANY 9xx's that show up. I have taken mine out for almost 4 years now, shows, events, drives, etc. and I finally came across another 987.2 Spyder. That says ALOT. Regarding the original post, as far as I know, you could spec these with LWB's instead of Sport Seats at the same price. I have said often, the original owner should have spec'd the LWB's then bought a pair of Sport Seats since the former are so much money. Keep both and increase your potential buyer pool to 100% if you sell or sell the LWB's for huge money. Many other options could be "deleted" of course, but Porsche doesn't give you back the discount so many owners just take them. The funniest one I think is the rear deck emblem delete. You had to ask to not ("delete") put "Boxster Spyder" on the back, then pay to have "Spyder" back on by itself which of course looks better. Can you imagine how they came up with that idea?

After finding the link below here from WAILIN6 and all the info he provided, I have tracked the last years even better with spreadsheet analysis comparing Sale's Price to Original MSRP, Sales Price to Mileage, etc. I certainly am glad my 2012 is rare, but I personally know I won't be selling it, probably ever so I often believe owners/potential buyers think I am just "pumping" the model to hike sales prices. I just love the car, that's all. One new to these need just read previous comments from current/past owners on BaT past auctions (or the rare time they now come up) and you will see (AJSharx, me) and many others who say as much or more positive about these than I do. Arguments are often started unnecessarily, regarding PDK/6M or LWB/Sport Seats and so on. I wanted a bare bones car (which these are already more than later versions) and I got it pretty close. To each his own, you won't find me trashing PDK or Sport Seats because I got mine without them. I speak glowingly on the merits of THE car, not what people want for their personal tastes. I have said GET ONE, GET IT SOON don't wait, but I said this years ago. Now, these are getting pretty crazy dollars and seem almost to becoming "hoarded" and I am glad I didn't have to pay those numbers now. I have also said, the best thing about Porsche's besides they are so damn fun to drive, is that if you do your homework, you can buy one, drive it for years, and IF you keep it up well then you want to sell it, you will get much more than you paid for it, almost every time. My 944/Spyder values attest to this theory very simply.

Here's WAILIN6's fantastic post:
https://rennlist.com/forums/spyder-c...pyder-faq.html

Last edited by Sharx; 01-21-2022 at 07:53 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Sharx:
d90spyder (01-22-2022), plafondles (01-22-2022)
Old 01-23-2022, 01:57 PM
JSF101
Burning Brakes

Received 170 Likes on 97 Posts

987.2 Spyder FAQ - Page 7 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

posts #97 to #110 have all of the North America build sheets for 2011 and 2012
it's possible I missed one or two builds but I broke them out by colors

you will have to search each one to find the VINs with a/c delete and radio delete
when I built my 987 Spyder, I wanted a very lightweight car so I did radio delete
thought about a/c delete but was talked out of it (Texas heat!)

Quick Reply: 987.2 Spyder A/C Delete