Notices
Spec Boxsters For info sharing on this exciting new class

Questions on new build

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 06:06 PM
onefastviking
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im in SW Houston, kinda near the Beltway 8 and 59 south, actually just off of Wilcrest / Murphy rd.
Old 10-02-2015, 10:11 PM
KyleK
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My shop is just south of the loop on 288. I've already sourced just about everything. The car is down to a tub and ready for a cage. I'm looking to do a modern style cage like the newer cup cars have. Any suggestions on cage builders?
Old 10-02-2015, 11:52 PM
onefastviking
Race Car

Originally Posted by KyleK
My shop is just south of the loop on 288. I've already sourced just about everything. The car is down to a tub and ready for a cage. I'm looking to do a modern style cage like the newer cup cars have. Any suggestions on cage builders?
Be sure to have your hardtop before you do your cage. Also wiring,ecu, and fuse box relocating is easier to do before cage is installed. Also easier, or at least more complete to do with engine and transmission out of car.
Old 10-05-2015, 05:03 PM
stuttgart46
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Richard Tomlin is my guy. He's down in Alvin. He does a lot for the members of MSR. Good guy as well. I believe he goes under Apex Vinyl on FB. I can send you his contact info if you'd like.
Old 10-07-2015, 01:15 PM
himself
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Greg Lucas just put mine in. I'm picking it up this week and will post pics afterwards. Here's an early pic.

-td

Old 10-07-2015, 05:47 PM
KyleK
Track Day

The cage looks good. Let me know when you get it all finished I'd like to see some more pics. Looking at the picture you have now. Is it possible to remove the stock crossbar? It looks like the lower dash tube would prevent that.
Old 10-07-2015, 07:55 PM
himself
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

The cage looks good. Let me know when you get it all finished I'd like to see some more pics. Looking at the picture you have now. Is it possible to remove the stock crossbar? It looks like the lower dash tube would prevent that.
I'm actually building a new house in Pearland. Should be done in the next month or so. I'm picking up the car this week, so you can swing by some time and check it out. I'll post pictures as soon as I get them.

I'm not sure if the crossbar can come out with the lower tube in. But there are a lot of tubes I know nothing about. [that's what she said].

And, I didn't move the fuse box. oops.

-td
Old 10-10-2015, 09:01 PM
KyleK
Track Day

Yeah I'd really like to stop by sometime and check it out if you don't mind.
Old 10-16-2015, 10:25 AM
stuttgart46
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

If you Houston guys want to get together and grab a beer and go over our builds I'd love to meet up.
Chad
Old 10-18-2015, 09:53 PM
Drew_K
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by himself
Greg Lucas just put mine in. I'm picking it up this week and will post pics afterwards...
Lucas has done cage work for me also. I've been very happy with his work.

Quick Reply: Questions on new build