Spec Boxsters For info sharing on this exciting new class

Halo Seats for Boxster RC

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 10:14 AM
dbbarron
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Halo Seats for Boxster RC

I thought this would be the best forum to ask this.

Currently have a F Stock boxster S (2000) with (expired) Sparco Evo II Plus seats.
These appear to be dimensionally the same as current EVO II's.
They are very comfortable.

Any recommendations for Halo (head protection) seats that are similarly sized for my personal fit as the EVO II + but will squeeze into the relatively tight Boxster cockpit.
I noted the Sparco Pro ADV TS from the dimensions looks like it will do the trick, but I am a little concerned that the gap between the heat restraints might be too tight.
It is spec'd at 12.3" and my helmet is only 10" wide, but want to make sure and verify with someone who has these.

Old 10-04-2018, 05:35 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,371 Likes on 794 Posts

I managed to squeeze a set of Sparco Ergos in, but they are wedged up against the folding roof. They are the ones with the removable halos, so good for street driving if you intend on doing that.
Old 10-04-2018, 09:42 PM
dbbarron
Burning Brakes

Anyone have any idea if the width of the seat area in the EVO II is similar to the PRO ADV TS. Unfortunately, there are no dealers near me (Boston).
Old 10-05-2018, 12:58 AM
Dr911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This size chart may be helpful to you.

https://soloracer.com/sparcoseatsz.html

I had something of a similar dilemma, as I wanted a new seat. Tried to replace my Momo Lesmo but it turns out the new seat options ( Sparco Pro 2000 and OMP HTR) were about an inch too wide and would not fit in the sliders.
Old 10-05-2018, 09:14 AM
RobT 394
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 58 Posts

FWIW, I was able to get the OMP HTE Fiberglass seat into a Miata. It is a bit more narrow at the top of the seat (halo) than the carbon. The carbon is preferred as it is more narrow in the hips, but the extra size at the top of the seat was too much. There is not a mm to spare.
Old 10-05-2018, 09:35 AM
dbbarron
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RobT 394
FWIW, I was able to get the OMP HTE Fiberglass seat into a Miata. It is a bit more narrow at the top of the seat (halo) than the carbon. The carbon is preferred as it is more narrow in the hips, but the extra size at the top of the seat was too much. There is not a mm to spare.
A local dealer has the OMP HTE R 400 (which is 400mm wide at the halo outside). I'm going to visit and try it.

They will take a return if it doesn't fit in the car.

DB
Old 10-05-2018, 10:34 AM
RobT 394
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 58 Posts

Good luck! I think you will be happy with the seat if it does work out. Very comfortable and durable.
Old 10-07-2018, 11:24 AM
BFT3.2
Rennlist Member

Received 110 Likes on 67 Posts

Last night I installed a OMP HRC-R XL in my '98 Boxster (factory hardtop) with OE sliders and it easily fit ..in the car. The caveats are I used the already existing BK side mounts made for a Sparco EVO2 Plus(9762) along with their 9030 sub-bar. This was a test fit and while the seat fit in the car the side mounts were spaced about a 5/8" to wide on either side in front and about 3/8" to wide on the back bolts, I used some big washers and longer bolts to "make it work". -Not recommending this. The second issue with those side mounts are the seat is forced to use the top front mounting holes (not where I ideally want them) because the seat bottoms out against part of the slider arm actuation mechanism when tilting it forward to where I like it. The third unrelated issue, is due to being 6'3" I need the seat almost all the way back, I have a BK extended roll bar that attaches to the factory loop. Where it mounts to the top of the loop, the bracket extends down and forward a inch towards the back of the seat head rest. My Sparco EVO2 (medium-tall) just slide under it by a hair to allow the seat to go all the way back. The taller headrest of the OMP halo hits the bracket when sliding back and robs me of about 2" of leg room I really need. Your not using the BK extension if your going by SPC Box rules so it's a non-issue as you'll have a real cage. If you do use a BK extension a HTE-R400 is about 100mm shorter and would slip under this bracket. Using the proper side mounts and or floor mount would solve my problem.

I'll try to add photos later and here's a link to OMP's seat dimensions. http://www.ompamerica.com/images/cha...acingseats.pdf

Good luck!

Quick Reply: Halo Seats for Boxster RC