Spec Boxsters For info sharing on this exciting new class

PSS9 Availability

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2018, 09:42 PM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 84 Posts
Default PSS9 Availability

I was talking with the local shop that's replacing the engine on my car. They were looking to see when the PSS9s required for SPB would become available again as they've been nationally out of stock for months now. (Apparently the Spec Miata shocks have also been unavailable for a similar amount of time.) They were surprised to come across the rumor that Bilstein is considering exiting the aftermarket business and the shocks would potentially not become available in the future. They made no recommendations and drew no conclusions - they simply passed on what they had heard and that they could not get the shocks. Obviously if the shocks were to officially become discontinued by the manufacturer, it will be nearly impossible to source a competitive shock that will be class legal for new builds like mine.

Has anyone heard something like this, or is there any information available on getting the Bilstein shocks for the car?
Old 06-27-2018, 10:57 PM
bkovac
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Bilstein has been retooling, I have been having the same issue and just ordered a set for my spec boxster from ebay in Great Britain. The shocks arrived within a week. They were $ 2,736 delivered. I heard Bilstein is supposed to have them ready for shippning end of August/September
Old 06-27-2018, 11:04 PM
ace37
Rennlist Member

Received 133 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by bkovac
Bilstein has been retooling, I have been having the same issue and just ordered a set for my spec boxster from ebay in Great Britain. The shocks arrived within a week. They were $ 2,736 delivered. I heard Bilstein is supposed to have them ready for shippning end of August/September
Thanks. If they were going to be discontinued that had me a bit perplexed as to what to do going forward. Retooling is fine and I'm happy if the choice is as simple as to either wait or pay a bit more to snag one of the few sets out there.
Old 06-28-2018, 10:43 AM
toddlamb
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Bilstein moved their production facility in Germany and the new facility took longer to get going so stock was depleted. So un-German of them.

Spec Miata shocks are just starting to hit the docks this week. I am told the PSS9's will be several months behind.

We just got a set of rebuilt PSS9's back from Bilstein - took 10 weeks to get them rebuilt. If someone is desperate for a set I'll let them go for $2500 plus shipping.
Porsche repairs, servicing, and upgrades / Certified IMS installer / PDK repair experts

Over 150 PDK's repaired and counting:
https://youtu.be/m54P_zisEcI

Old 06-29-2018, 08:30 PM
Paul Solk
Burning Brakes

Received 120 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by toddlamb
Bilstein moved their production facility in Germany and the new facility took longer to get going so stock was depleted. So un-German of them.

Spec Miata shocks are just starting to hit the docks this week. I am told the PSS9's will be several months behind.

We just got a set of rebuilt PSS9's back from Bilstein - took 10 weeks to get them rebuilt. If someone is desperate for a set I'll let them go for $2500 plus shipping.
How different are the 986 V 987?
Old 06-30-2018, 02:18 PM
Viperbob1
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I was trying for a set of 964 Pss10s and I was told end September. Bought in Europe.No Problem
Old 06-30-2018, 11:50 PM
altonj
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Backordered on a few sets, everything from 993- 997.2 turbo damptronics.... ****ty deliver to say the least....

Quick Reply: PSS9 Availability