Spec Boxsters For info sharing on this exciting new class

Moving my fusebox/relays for cage build - now no start

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2018, 11:24 PM
Matt Marks
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Moving my fusebox/relays for cage build - now no start

Hi all - think I need immobilizer help. I was cutting out spare wiring and lengthening as required to move the fuse box and relays under the central dash and now have a no start. I did the cut a wire, start car method but may have cut one too many or pulled something out, Current symptom is ignition on, but do not hear fuel pump. 12v at ignition switch. when pressing starter button (push button starter switch), 12 volts across switch, but car does not crank.

Based on where i have the wires pulled at the moment, my feeling is that the immobilizer is

1) not seeing the key/coil/transformer OR signal from transformer is nor reaching immobilizer

Any way to test if the coil is seeing the key, and if so is the transformer receiving the information from the key and sending it to the immobilzer,
Old 07-02-2018, 09:06 AM
mjj0000
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Disconnect the ECU from the wiring harness and then, using the wiring diagram, confirm each pin in the connector does what it is supposed to do and goes where it is supposed to go. If the ECU connector checks out, then do the same with the body computer.

This is not as difficult as it first might seem.

Last edited by mjj0000; 07-03-2018 at 09:20 AM.

Quick Reply: Moving my fusebox/relays for cage build - now no start