Notices
Spec Boxsters For info sharing on this exciting new class

Corner Entry Oversteer

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2018, 11:41 AM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 85 Likes on 71 Posts

John was very open about his setup this weekend, will be ordering the needed parts today.

I did add 1/16 more rear toe-in and that helped. Car was handling well, but looking forward to making it even better.
Old 06-11-2018, 09:07 AM
Lemming
Nordschleife Master

Received 85 Likes on 71 Posts

Added the GT3 LCA's, increased camber all around, great handling car - THANKS John!
Old 06-11-2018, 01:09 PM
Tom '74 911
Instructor

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by toddlamb
The SPB is inherently very loose on entry, but is settled very quickly with throttle. You can't charge into the corners with speed like you can with other cars, unless you're the top 1% of racers that can control entry rotation by trailbraking with consistency, precision, and quick hands.
Suggestion 1: disconnect the rear swaybar.
Suggestion 2: coaching.
Just wanted to add that Todd's comments here helped me tremendously. After spending a few years away from the track, I rented a Spec Boxter this weekend. I did a little reading here before the weekend and this was one of the threads I found. It was the perfect car/platform to get back into the swing of things and rediscover some mojo - so stable, lots of grip, not scary to be moderately fast in. I found exactly what Todd states above - that the car was way more stable and settled when under power. I found trail braking to be a knuckle-whitening experience in this car compared to being on throttle through out the corner... I did some reference laps in the right seat w/my 'coach' driving and that was how he drove the car as well - done braking often at or before turn-in and back to throttle to settle the car. So. Much. Fun. The real skill is knowing exactly how much you (don't) need to slow the car... Can't wait to get back for more seat time.

Quick Reply: Corner Entry Oversteer