Sponsored by: Road Spy

What is this?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2024, 06:41 PM
RadarP3C
Rennlist Member

Received 350 Likes on 268 Posts
Default What is this?

Can anyone tell me what this white stuff is? I tried to wipe it off with a paper towel but it is baked on the tailpipe. It was driven about twenty miles today.

I washed the car a couple days ago and didn't notice anything on the pipes then. I have not done anything different, so I don't think it has anything to do with what I washed the car with. I've never seen this before.

Last edited by RadarP3C; 08-23-2024 at 08:59 PM.
Old 08-23-2024, 10:48 PM
K996
Racer

Received 87 Likes on 58 Posts

Looks like low grade china fentanyl.
Scrape it off, put it in a small baggie and leave in a conspicuous location downtown?
The following users liked this post:
gyh (08-23-2024)
Old 08-23-2024, 10:54 PM
RadarP3C
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by K996
Looks like low grade china fentanyl.
Scrape it off, put it in a small baggie and leave in a conspicuous location downtown?
What do you think the street value is?
Old Yesterday, 01:17 PM
Jim M.
Rennlist Member

Received 879 Likes on 456 Posts

Looks like dried minerals from water coming out the exhaust, but exhaust water is from condensation so there shouldn't be any minerals. Could it be from rinsing the car after your wash?
Foosh (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 02:07 PM
Foosh
Burning Brakes

Received 402 Likes on 276 Posts

^^^
We're on well water, and I use CR Spotless treated, ionized water for washing vehicles because well water with significant mineral content would leave deposits like this if pooled in the exhaust tips and left to dry.
Old Yesterday, 04:41 PM
RadarP3C
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jim M.
Looks like dried minerals from water coming out the exhaust, but exhaust water is from condensation so there shouldn't be any minerals. Could it be from rinsing the car after your wash?
Originally Posted by Foosh
^^^
We're on well water, and I use CR Spotless treated, ionized water for washing vehicles because well water with significant mineral content would leave deposits like this if pooled in the exhaust tips and left to dry.
This is what I'm thinking and hopefully nothing detrimental has happened. This has never happened before. What has made me concerned is that I've just come back from a 4 day event with the Porsche Wilderness Trail region with 88 cars and 700 miles of twisty mountain roads including the Tail of the Dragon. I was in a group that had three GT3 RS's to try to keep up with. Damn, those things are quick in the turns! This was the first time I really abused the car. (LOL) Very fun!
Old Today, 08:39 AM
CodyzWorld
Burning Brakes

Received 419 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by RadarP3C
This is what I'm thinking and hopefully nothing detrimental has happened. This has never happened before. What has made me concerned is that I've just come back from a 4 day event with the Porsche Wilderness Trail region with 88 cars and 700 miles of twisty mountain roads including the Tail of the Dragon. I was in a group that had three GT3 RS's to try to keep up with. Damn, those things are quick in the turns! This was the first time I really abused the car. (LOL) Very fun!
I run with GT3's and GT3 RS's all the time in the canyons, yes they are fast. Coupled with a pilot that has a death sentence and they're 9/10 through the twisties.
I had Cup 2's on my last set of rims and switched over to 4S's. No chance. I found myself pushing the 4S's to the limit and that's not too much fun for me.
To me, the only way the TTS can somewhat come remotely close to the GT3/RS is to run Cup 2R or Trofeo R's - extreme track alignment and extreme throttle control.

As far as your original inquiry - perhaps since this is the first time you pushed it hard, it's the balance of raw fuel and heat through the exhaust? I suppose you pushed it hard
on sport or sport +, very different air/fuel mix than regular mode.

Last edited by CodyzWorld; Today at 08:41 AM.
RadarP3C (Today)
Old Today, 10:07 AM
RadarP3C
Rennlist Member

@CodyzWorld Yes, this was the hardest I've pushed the car. Sport (+), manual shifting, and probably an average of 4K or higher rpm all day. I was out of my comfort zone a couple of times with the tires (Pilot Sport 4S).

Quick Reply: What is this?