Turbo gt Downpipes

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2023, 05:15 AM
Yhc111
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Turbo gt Downpipes

Hello there!

To people who knows about this topic, I did some search online and it seems like the downpipes of the 4.0 cayenne engine is shared between the urus and rsq8 extractly, so that any downpipe made for the urus or rsq8 would fit on the 4.0 cayenne, and also would be able to fit on the turbo gt models as only the mid pipe and back is different from the regular turbo and urus.

For my turbo gt, I wanted to do some downpipe modifications, the brands I looked at are redstar, fabspeed, and also jcr(I think jcr is coming out soon but also quiet expensive). There are also other companies like novitech or kline, who doesn't specifically state that they make for the cayenne turbo or turbo gt, but following the logic I believe those should fit as well?

My point is that I was wondering about what is a good choice for downpipes, as well as comfirming that it would fit. I am interested mostly in bringing up the sound, and I heard novitech exhausts are always loud, but since there is no information out there so it would be great if any lambo urus owners can comfirm. The safest choice I think would be jcr?

Another side question is does anyone know why the urus sounds much louder than the cayenne? I understand the cayenne has a rev limiter and a resonator, however I believe it is still much louder than a turbo gt that also do not have a resonator? Might it just be the valves opening a lot less conservative than the cayenne?

Thank you and appreciate any ideas!
Old 08-21-2023, 08:44 PM
raymort
Rennlist Member

Received 2,246 Likes on 1,140 Posts

Interested in this also. I was looking at the Redstar.

Also considering having the turbos upgraded.
Old 08-21-2023, 09:18 PM
Elsa.Turbo
Track Day

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Don't have a Turbo GT but I do have a 2019 Turbo and went with the Soul Performance High Flow catalysts. They've been great (1st iteration gave me a CEL but they revised them and sent me an updated version and all has been well thus far). Throaty sound but still civil enough with valves closed on the PSE. Soul is well-regarded in the Porsche world and quality seems to hold up. The Urus may have a different muffler (or lack of resonators that makes it sound more raw and straight piped like).

Old 05-19-2024, 12:18 PM
shak0034
Track Day

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Just wanted to follow up and see if you were able to get downpipes for your TGT and if you did which brand and your experience? Thanks
Old 05-19-2024, 01:00 PM
Jagdeep Johal
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I got a 2020 Turbo S Fabspeed 200cell Downpipes sound great with my PSE no DRONE and NO CEL... little pricey but good quality
Old 05-19-2024, 08:59 PM
Yhc111
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by shak0034
Just wanted to follow up and see if you were able to get downpipes for your TGT and if you did which brand and your experience? Thanks
Hello yes i got it. So for turbo s and any non 2024 v8s you can go for any brand. For turbo gt you have to be careful because they updated the ecu if you go to the dealership, even on 2022 year cars and will get you a cel. I went for soul downpipe which supposed to be the only brand that puts higher quality on a downpipe if you wanna track it(avoid cracking). Supposely it should not have a cel but tgts seems to be much stricter on emissions and also may due to the ecu update which got me a cel, but they offer a discount for a tune which solves it well. So in summary its all about quality and customer service now, cannot buy due to cel guarantees, unless not a tgt.
The following 2 users liked this post by Yhc111:
shak0034 (05-19-2024), WhiteCab (05-22-2024)
Old 05-20-2024, 05:07 PM
JTG13
Instructor

Received 75 Likes on 40 Posts

JCR is very pricey but exceptional quality and sound. They have my vote over Soul or Fabspeed in my opinion.
Old 05-21-2024, 06:32 PM
Boatsonthebrain
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

So, sounds like downpipes are not an option as of now due to risk of CEL. A shame, as I was seriously considering JCR. If anyone has a different experience, please post!
Old 05-22-2024, 01:26 PM
f10tt
Advanced

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Fabspeed's will not throw a code. I'm running TTE1020s now, but even prior, Fabspeed's sport cat DPs did not throw a code and I believe they guarantee they won't.
The following users liked this post:
shak0034 (05-22-2024)
Old 05-22-2024, 06:58 PM
Boatsonthebrain
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by f10tt
Fabspeed's will not throw a code. I'm running TTE1020s now, but even prior, Fabspeed's sport cat DPs did not throw a code and I believe they guarantee they won't.
Appreciate the feedback!
Old 08-12-2024, 03:43 PM
brad65ford
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

any updates on dp's for the 2022 TGT's? Wondering what needs to be done with out a tune so there is no check engine light. While I don't mind it, i heard its not easy to clear and needs to be done by dealership, is that correct?
Old 08-12-2024, 03:53 PM
Elsa.Turbo
Track Day

I will be posting up my Soul Sport Downpipes on the marketplace shortly. Have had zero issues with it and no CEL for 15K miles. Just removed due to wife wanting quieter car for our newborn now. These are the revised Downpipes from Soul since the first ones gave CEL. Would be happy to work out a deal with you if interested.

You can run them on stock tune and my dealer didn't give any issues with them. Nice bark and growl.

https://soulpp.com/product/porsche-2...ter-downpipes/

Old 08-12-2024, 04:14 PM
brad65ford
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Elsa.Turbo
I will be posting up my Soul Sport Downpipes on the marketplace shortly. Have had zero issues with it and no CEL for 15K miles. Just removed due to wife wanting quieter car for our newborn now. These are the revised Downpipes from Soul since the first ones gave CEL. Would be happy to work out a deal with you if interested.

You can run them on stock tune and my dealer didn't give any issues with them. Nice bark and growl.

https://soulpp.com/product/porsche-2...ter-downpipes/
appreciate the offer. Looking at the prices I’d most likely pass, planning on using another brand I’ve been happy with overseas. They are stating no cell as well.

Last edited by brad65ford; 08-12-2024 at 04:16 PM.
Old 08-12-2024, 04:33 PM
Elsa.Turbo
Track Day

Originally Posted by brad65ford
appreciate the offer. Looking at the prices I’d most likely pass, planning on using another brand I’ve been happy with overseas. They are stating no cell as well.

Sounds good. Let me know if you change your mind. Was going to ask for about a third of the price.
Old Today, 03:51 AM
nategracey
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Elsa.Turbo
Sounds good. Let me know if you change your mind. Was going to ask for about a third of the price.
INTERESTED!

Quick Reply: Turbo gt Downpipes