Notices
Parts Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell new & used Porsche parts.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Wanted: A SINGLE MARKETPLACE

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2019, 07:10 PM
manimal
Rennlist Member

Received 106 Likes on 85 Posts

Category: Accessories
Price (no $ sign please): $0
Private or Vendor Listing: Private Listing
Part fits (select ONLY those which apply): 356, 911, 912, 914, 924/931/944/951/968, 928, 964, 986, 987, 993, 996, 997, Cayenne, Cayman, Carrera GT, Panamera, Race Car, Other Marques
Location (Region): Midwestern
Item Condition: Brand New

Originally Posted by JZ98-993
The rennlist experience is so 2000, needs a major overhaul and agreed on the multiple market places. Funny thing is I actually like the older one better than the new one
Yeah, the "new marketplace" is more 1995. Terrible user experience considering we pay for this.
Old 08-14-2019, 07:38 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,188 Likes on 3,945 Posts

I still don't see a way to subscribe for daily updates like I could in the old Parts Marketplace. I looked in both the Main Marketplace and the subforum Parts Marketplace and at the top of the section there is still not a Subscribe button to click on.
Old 08-14-2019, 10:08 PM
samurai_k
Rennlist Member

Received 180 Likes on 124 Posts

@Robb M.

Whenwill the "new" marketplace be accessible with the rennlist mobile app?
#fail if you force people to use the "new" marketplace and you have no solution to those that access rennlist on their iPhones and android phones.
Old 08-15-2019, 10:21 AM
Robb M.
IB Staff

Received 669 Likes on 463 Posts

subscribing is now done by searching, which creates 'filters' that you are able to subscribe to individually, or in combinations.

the lack of marketplace in Garage Talk is something I need to discuss with the tech team, not sure what's up with that.
Old 08-15-2019, 11:14 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Robb M.
subscribing is now done by searching, which creates 'filters' that you are able to subscribe to individually, or in combinations.

the lack of marketplace in Garage Talk is something I need to discuss with the tech team, not sure what's up with that.
So, is there a way to get the same daily update I get today with every new part listed in the Parts Marketplace section?

If not, there should be a way to do that and if there's not, how about rolling over anyone who has that type of subscription setup in the old marketplace to the new marketplace?
Old 08-15-2019, 11:24 AM
Robb M.
IB Staff

You can subscribe to all daily parts listing by clicking this link: Daily Parts Listings

You can subscribe to daily Porsche listings by clicking this link: Daily Porsche Listings
Old 08-15-2019, 12:20 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

You can subscribe to all daily parts listing by clicking this link: Daily Parts Listings

You can subscribe to daily Porsche listings by clicking this link: Daily Porsche Listings
Robb,

That's superb and thanks for making it easy for me /us.

👍
Old 08-15-2019, 03:27 PM
Skwerl
Drifting

Received 303 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by manimal
Yeah, the "new marketplace" is more 1995. Terrible user experience considering we pay for this.
The new one feels like poorly implemented ca. 2014 Web 2.0 intern project. The page 1 ads randomly repeating on pages 2, 3, etc. make it feel especially broken. Surprisingly, I think the photos are partly to blame, because they are so busy and inconsistent that they make skimming much more tedious than simply a bold, easy-to-read and descriptive title like in the old marketplace. A thumbnail-sized "what even is that" snapshot doesn't compel me to click any more than a direct title does. The text hierarchy is less efficient and clear as well, it doesn't give the eyes anchor points like the old version.

The uncluttered straightforward design of the old one is just such an effortless breeze to use and peruse. Maybe someone could write a script that "converts" the new marketplace to the old format by stripping photos and making the title/price bolder and larger.
Old 08-15-2019, 06:35 PM
jskylarwilson
Rennlist Member

Received 59 Likes on 34 Posts

It's getting to the point where it should move to Facebook.
Old 08-16-2019, 10:30 AM
samurai_k
Rennlist Member

Received 180 Likes on 124 Posts

@Robb M. , do you have an update?

I don't see the new marketplace available on the Android app.
Attached Images  
Old 08-16-2019, 10:33 AM
Robb M.
IB Staff

I was told yesterday that Garage Talk has been deprecated, we haven't been able to support it for a couple of years apparently. I've asked for the apps to be removed from both the Play and the App Store. I have requested that tech find a way to at least display the new marketplace link inside the apps, with a call to open your web browser when tapped. Not sure if/when this will be achieved though.
Old 08-29-2019, 01:41 PM
TheDeckMan
Rennlist Member

Received 395 Likes on 234 Posts

Any word Robb on why the new market place still does not show up on Garage Talk? It has been updated to say "Old for the functioning marketplaces" it seems.
Old 08-29-2019, 02:19 PM
Robb M.
IB Staff

We are working to see if a link can be added into the app, but I don't have a firm timeline or know if that will even be possible. Unfortunately there are very few folks who visit the Community via GarageTalk these days, so I'm having a difficult time advancing this quickly. I sincerely apologize for this.
Old 08-29-2019, 03:00 PM
TheDeckMan
Rennlist Member

Received 395 Likes on 234 Posts

We are working to see if a link can be added into the app, but I don't have a firm timeline or know if that will even be possible. Unfortunately there are very few folks who visit the Community via GarageTalk these days, so I'm having a difficult time advancing this quickly. I sincerely apologize for this.

Thanks for the update
The following users liked this post:
Robb M. (08-29-2019)
Old 08-29-2019, 03:17 PM
Dguth
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 90 Posts

How are most folks visiting it then on their iPhones? I thought only main way was through garage talk. If there's a different app that most people are using, then let me know.

Quick Reply: Wanted: A SINGLE MARKETPLACE