Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2015 918 Spyder Dark Blue Metallic

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 04:48 PM
PorscheHusna
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

Year: 2015
Make: Porsche
Model: Carrera GT
Mileage (numbers only please): 542
Color: Dark Blue Metallic
VIN: WP0CA2A18FS800717
Price (no $ sign please): $1350000
Private or Dealer Listing: Dealer Listing
Location (Region): Texas
Body Style: Targa
Transmission Type: PDK
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Other
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Originally Posted by GT3_racer
I think the reason they are asking 400K over -- and will likely get it -- is because most 918 owners aren't interested in selling. Those that I know, who have taken delivery, are too busy enjoying them (i.e. driving them).

P.S. It's the best cupholder I've ever owned. I use it all the time for my coffee. It even works while cornering at 1G+.

P.S.S. I really don't understand why people get so upset about dealers asking an amount over the manufacturers' suggested retail price. As customers, we can make a counter-offer or look elsewhere. If the true "market" price is MSRP or lower, then we should be able to find one at that price. If the market price is above MSRP, then isn't that just part of the capitalist system (charging what the market will bear)? It's not personal. It's business.
Well put Racer! Some folks seem to take things like this personally and really have no intention to buy, only to make snide remarks based off of their own opinions. It's easy to make comments hiding behind a keyboard.
Old 03-17-2015, 06:28 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 712 Likes on 338 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3_racer
I think the reason they are asking 400K over -- and will likely get it -- is because most 918 owners aren't interested in selling. Those that I know, who have taken delivery, are too busy enjoying them (i.e. driving them).

P.S. It's the best cupholder I've ever owned. I use it all the time for my coffee. It even works while cornering at 1G+.

P.S.S. I really don't understand why people get so upset about dealers asking an amount over the manufacturers' suggested retail price. As customers, we can make a counter-offer or look elsewhere. If the true "market" price is MSRP or lower, then we should be able to find one at that price. If the market price is above MSRP, then isn't that just part of the capitalist system (charging what the market will bear)? It's not personal. It's business.
This^^

Whatever this car sells for is the market price. It will sell for the market price. MSRP is now irrelevant.

Don't get your panties in a bunch. Dealer/owner can ask whatever he wants. It's his car. No need for emotion.

Last edited by Jamie140; 03-17-2015 at 07:08 PM.
Old 03-17-2015, 06:52 PM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 339 Likes on 208 Posts

I look at the situation differently : there were many cases when I wanted to say something price related on someone's " For sale " thread,but I didn't...I think you just don't comment price in these threads,it's rude...but that's just my opinion...
Regarding this particular car,I wouldn't have been able to touch it even if it sold for MSRP,so why cry about the premium...I wonder if those that cry about premium would be able to touch it at MSRP...
Old 03-17-2015, 07:31 PM
RodKnock
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by neanicu
I look at the situation differently : there were many cases when I wanted to say something price related on someone's " For sale " thread,but I didn't...I think you just don't comment price in these threads,it's rude...but that's just my opinion...
This ^^^
Old 03-17-2015, 08:32 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

As I stated previously, I don't think the asking price is in question. I think the "whats a couple hundred thousand dollars" comment is what rubbed people the wrong way. Dealers tend to have this effect on people. I earned my money so I respect it but many people were born onto it and aren't as concerned. Thats usually why those types normally drive Ferraris and Lamborghini's, not Porsches.
Old 03-18-2015, 12:22 AM
manimal
Rennlist Member

Received 107 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by JDHertz11
As I stated previously, I don't think the asking price is in question. I think the "whats a couple hundred thousand dollars" comment is what rubbed people the wrong way.
This.

I'm also pretty sure that most wealthy enough to afford the asking price didn't get (or stay) there by saying "what's a couple hundred thousand dollars?" That's why it boggles my mind that a Rennlist P-car dealer would say that.
Old 03-18-2015, 02:40 AM
Atrox
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

What's the point of bitching about price on a car that only a handful of people in the world can afford. I'm sure a lil wayne or jay z type isn't going to cry over 400k for the exclusivity. Salesman make money don't hate the salesman, hate the sale.
Old 03-18-2015, 04:22 PM
George from MD
Drifting

Received 353 Likes on 209 Posts

I think the "whats a couple hundred thousand dollars" comment is what rubbed people the wrong way.
Bingo. It's the arrogance not the premium.
Old 03-18-2015, 05:46 PM
machdown
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Autotrader has two of them for sale across the US.

One is 918 Spyder Weissach going for $1.65m and the other a base for $1.4m

This one is actually a bargain!
Old 03-18-2015, 06:56 PM
Speeds5
Burning Brakes

Received 169 Likes on 89 Posts

Are those sale prices?

Originally Posted by machdown
Autotrader has two of them for sale across the US.

One is 918 Spyder Weissach going for $1.65m and the other a base for $1.4m

This one is actually a bargain!
Old 03-18-2015, 10:15 PM
richk
Drifting

Received 880 Likes on 365 Posts

the market on the used 918's is crazy...depending on color they are bring 300-400k over msrp
Old 03-19-2015, 10:07 AM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 798 Likes on 547 Posts

Originally Posted by richk
the market on the used 918's is crazy...depending on color they are bring 300-400k over msrp
And to think they initially struggled to sell them all..
Old 03-19-2015, 03:33 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by rodsky
And to think they initially struggled to sell them all..
Always happens. People slack off, they wait, they are wishy washy... Then when things finally sell out, that's when they wake up.
Old 03-19-2015, 03:39 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

I will say this, I've had awesome experiences buying from Porsche of North Houston. I don't know John Wright, however.

@John, I have some advice for you from someone who is capable of buying multiple Porsches, has bought multiple Porsches (including some from PNH), and still owns a multitude of them. Don't ever say to someone capable of buying a 918 Spyder, or any of these types of cars (even a $100k 911, for that matter): "When you're spending this much, what's another $X thousand?"

No matter how wealthy I am, if I had that attitude with my wealth, I wouldn't stay wealthy for long. This applies to millionaires, billionaires, and thousandaires alike.

Saying that to me is an instant turn-off, and deeply offensive. I worked hard to get to where I am today, as you no doubt have, as well. Respect me, and I'll respect you.

Respect, and earn a loyal customer.
Old 03-19-2015, 03:41 PM
Thomas42
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cream
Someone doesn't take delivery so you tack on $450,000 ?
That might be the reason right there.

Quick Reply: 2015 918 Spyder Dark Blue Metallic