Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2016 911 GT3RS 9 Miles

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2015, 11:39 AM
FLAT6KING
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Year: 2016
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: Race Cars
Mileage (numbers only please): 9
Color: GT Silver Metallic
Price (no $ sign please): $308000
Private or Dealer Listing: Dealer Listing
Location (Region): Texas
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: PDK
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM Stereo

Originally Posted by brian0473
It's a free market economy guys. It sounds like these guys also paid over MSRP to acquire the car and who here wouldn't sell their car for as much as they could?? Someday most of you will sell your Porsche's too...and want as much as you can get for them. Probably more than some people think they're worth. Just sayin.
Am I the only one here on RL that would keep this car forever? Are you (RS owners) really loyal to the brand or just trying to get the car for a profit? I have a buddy that just got his RS on Monday and I'm sure he will sell it before Thanksgiving. What's is really going on?
Old 10-10-2015, 11:43 AM
tebbnsx
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FLAT, What's going on is the greed of human nature my friend!
Old 10-10-2015, 11:44 AM
jem7v
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
i am with you on principal but ....

it took me over 10 years to buy a house. not b/c i didn't have moeny but b/c my principal was that if asking is x, i will only pay X-y. i needed to haggle. everyone else here pays over asking some times 25-35% over asking (and that's not a small amount when a 3 bed room 2000sf home is $1.75MM, btw that's the cheap part of town. my place is smaller than that, i park my car in the bed room and sleep in the car b/c bed wont fit) oh and they sell in a month or less. with that principal i was homeless for a decade. i only got my wish b/c mkt tanked in 08, so i paid asking instead of over.

i am not saying paying over is smart. but sometimes, the environment forces you to do things....

you and i are a bit too mature for FB, GOOG and such.... ti's the young bucks who makes $3MM a year eating hot pockets and doing whatever it is GOOG and FB do.
Mooty this sounds dramatic lol. Maybe you should get a realtor from million dollar listing san francisco. They could have solved your problem haha. There were a bunch of homes for that range in the good part of town that went under ask .

Originally Posted by FLAT6KING
Am I the only one here on RL that would keep this car forever? Are you (RS owners) really loyal to the brand or just trying to get the car for a profit? I have a buddy that just got his RS on Monday and I'm sure he will sell it before Thanksgiving. What's is really going on?
I would probably keep the car forever, but can you really say no to 120k? I mean I understand if 120k is meaningless, but if it wasn't, I don't think I could say no.

That being said, I'm already first on my dealer allocation list for the upcoming GT2.
Old 10-10-2015, 11:59 AM
FLAT6KING
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jem7v
I would probably keep the car forever, but can you really say no to 120k? I mean I understand if 120k is meaningless, but if it wasn't, I don't think I could say no. That being said, I'm already first on my dealer allocation list for the upcoming GT2.
Each version of the GT3 comes with a payoff and a trade off. This one here seems to have a redline and weight trade off versus a performance and handling payoff based on RL opinions. Why not hold on to this car because we all know the next one may have something done to it that you may not really like. Then you may regret the money you took and end up paying more to get it back (7.2 RS owners).
Old 10-10-2015, 12:16 PM
PorscheHusna
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
John, is it new or used? Will it be CPO'd? GLWS.
Thanks Lex, this car has been titled and is represented as PO and will not be CPO.

All PM's and emails have been answered.. I appreciate all of the offers and comments guys!
Old 10-10-2015, 12:39 PM
Rob2368
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Average Dealer over MSRP is 60K today. Is this Trick or Treat?
Old 10-10-2015, 12:49 PM
Ajimoto214
Instructor

Which dealers asking most reasonable price w/ least vig over MSRP?
Old 10-10-2015, 01:24 PM
PorscheHusna
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob2368
Average Dealer over MSRP is 60K today. Is this Trick or Treat?
Rob, if you can find one for $60k over I'll buy every single one of them
Old 10-10-2015, 01:31 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

And the cycle will continue...
Old 10-10-2015, 02:01 PM
richk
Drifting

Received 880 Likes on 365 Posts

^Yes it seems like a few dealers are trying to make the market. On the other side they are also taking the risk when the market starts heading south. Compared to current pricing in LA this is a fair price.

I want a 991RS but will not pay 308k. I would probably be a buyer in the mid 200's. I have been offered a few cars but none have been less than 100k over MSRP. That is for cars on the ground.
Old 10-10-2015, 02:37 PM
GDI
Instructor

Originally Posted by FLAT6KING
I think what is going on is:

1) ~ Half the participants in for sale threads are enthusiasts thinking of their next purchase and hoping they will be able to afford it when the time comes. They can be identified by commenting on flippers and dealers they view as price gougers, with comments like "It won't sell at that price", or "hope it doesn't sell". They may be the ones who comment on reasonable priced cars with "PM sent".

2) ~ Half the participants are financially motivated flippers, dealers, and those who are hoping to retire on the proceeds of selling their car (aka former enthusiasts). They are the ones who post comments on wildly overpriced ads like, "Great price!, Less than the one that sold last week in Dumass****istan!", "this one will sell quickly!", or "I hope you get that price, since I have one like it". And they add comments like "Your price is too low!" or "Your leaving $200,000 on the table!" to the more modestly priced copies of popular cars.

Fun to watch usually.
Old 10-10-2015, 02:39 PM
GDI
Instructor

Originally Posted by JWrightPNH
Rob, if you can find one for $60k over I'll buy every single one of them
You may want to ****** up the one that just hit the classifieds for $265,000, then! But if you do, please offer Reenlist the first shot at it, 'k?
Old 10-10-2015, 03:11 PM
Big Al HURT123
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I find it repulsive that a Porsche dealer is selling anything over Msrp. Many do it but not all. There are several dealers that don't suck the blood out of their good customers. Those are the dealers I give my money to. That said good luck with the sale.
Old 10-10-2015, 03:32 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Al HURT123
I find it repulsive that a Porsche dealer is selling anything over Msrp. Many do it but not all. There are several dealers that don't suck the blood out of their good customers. Those are the dealers I give my money to. That said good luck with the sale.
But it's just smart business to get as much money as you can.
Attached Images  
Old 10-10-2015, 04:03 PM
Big Al HURT123
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by goofballdeluxe
But it's just smart business to get as much money as you can.
Absolutely if it's a private sale even if it's a flipper. But a Porsche dealer should be held to higher standard and not partake in these sort of shenanigans.

Quick Reply: 2016 911 GT3RS 9 Miles