Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2016 911 GT3RS 9 Miles

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2015, 04:05 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

Year: 2016
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: Race Cars
Mileage (numbers only please): 9
Color: GT Silver Metallic
Price (no $ sign please): $308000
Private or Dealer Listing: Dealer Listing
Location (Region): Texas
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: PDK
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM Stereo

Originally Posted by Big Al HURT123
Absolutely if it's a private sale even if it's a flipper. But a Porsche dealer should be held to higher standard and not partake in these sort of shenanigans.
Ethics and a used car dealer. Never shall the 'twain meet
Old 10-10-2015, 04:39 PM
PorscheHusna
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

Thanks for the comments guys, I appreciate and respect everyone's position on this topic.
I'm not trying to justify any of this but in the interest of protecting the image of this dealership I feel like I need to Restate that this was not a car that was allocated to us.
We acquired this from an individual and had to pay a premium well over MSRP to retain it. That being said, we have a right to make a profit just like anyone else.. Do we make it all, not always..
Old 10-10-2015, 04:48 PM
sin911
Rennlist Member

Received 710 Likes on 432 Posts

Originally Posted by JWrightPNH
Rob, if you can find one for $60k over I'll buy every single one of them
And then re-offer them to the market and this community at $100k over MSRP?

I don't like to bash people on their threads about the asking price but I really do hate what you guys are doing here in this market! Basically all you guys do is manipulate the market to your liking. As a big dealership you guys have the resources (money) to buy out the stock from the market, stash it away for a bit, dry the market out, then resell them at a much higher price...

Simple economics: dry the supply, push the demand up and the prices will soar.

Not saying you're the only one doing this, but the whole system is messed up. Making profit is the main goal of any business, but I find this highly unethical. The worst part is lately individual sellers have also taken up this sickly attitude.

This behavior results in the prices being driven up (significantly) for no reason at all other than the greed of businesses/people taking advantage of the high demand by the population.

Also, this behavior puts enthusiasts out of car and replace them with people who have such deep pockets they don't even know how to spend it or what a GT3 RS really is. It is indeed very sad that most of these cars will be stashed away in a garage never to be appreciated simply because of these mark ups.
Old 10-10-2015, 04:49 PM
OverBoosted28
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I understand that PNH may be a great dealer, but when you follow the market, it's like the sheep being led to slaughter. Would the dealership not do well by taking a $25-30k profit?
Joining the sheep is just as bad as being stuck in traffic, seeing some wag pass all of the stopped traffic on the right shoulder and then watching everyone else follow the idiot who started it.
Old 10-10-2015, 04:57 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 703 Likes on 386 Posts

Our local dealer sold every one of their GT4's and GT3RS' at MSRP to PCA members of the local region. Guess what they haven't had to close their doors because they are bankrupt. Guess what as well. Everyone goes there for service parts and all their other P car sales needs. That is the way to build a sustainable business. Because when the bottom falls out, and it will just like the cycle always repeats itself, those types of dealers will weather the storm.
Old 10-10-2015, 05:10 PM
goofballdeluxe
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 97 Posts

Originally Posted by JWrightPNH
Thanks for the comments guys, I appreciate and respect everyone's position on this topic.
I'm not trying to justify any of this but in the interest of protecting the image of this dealership I feel like I need to Restate that this was not a car that was allocated to us.
We acquired this from an individual and had to pay a premium well over MSRP to retain it. That being said, we have a right to make a profit just like anyone else.. Do we make it all, not always..
With all due respect, and I really mean to try and be as respectful as possible here, a Porsche dealer who sells new cars at $100K mark-ups, might also be the one who tells you a story that they purchased this from an individual, when actually was allocated, just so they could justify the outrageous gouging.

To many, price gouging and lying are just different sides of the same coin. One who easily engages in one, can probably easily engage in the other.

Not saying this is true or not, but personally I'd never believe a single word out of any dealers mouth who engages in other amoral behavior.

Respectfully, I wish you luck, but there's a good reason many here don't like your business practices.

Take care
Old 10-10-2015, 06:03 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 193 Likes on 137 Posts

Saw this posted on the Benz (MB World) forum
classifieds. Might help here. There's other places to debate these valid issues.

Old 10-10-2015, 06:09 PM
Hothonda
Burning Brakes

Received 34 Likes on 17 Posts

For $20/yr (or whatever token cost for vendors) you get your own used car lot here on Rennlist.
Old 10-10-2015, 06:23 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sin911
Making profit is the main goal of any business, but I find this highly unethical.
I'm sorry, but I laugh so hard when i read that. If business object was not to make profit .... well lololol
Old 10-10-2015, 06:25 PM
wisky
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
Such hypocrisy here. All the successful Rennlist business owners and employees here sell their products, knowledge, skill, creativity, and services above and beyond MSRP all day long, every day of the week. And they utilize market based pricing to run their successful companies.
+1 . Great point. Rennlist is full of successful people, whether business owners or employed and well compensated - they offer their skill and knowledge at a premium and in return, they are able to afford these fancy toys we all discuss here. There seems to be a general consensus that making money is all fair game, UNLESS its making money on cars and marketing them to the community.

Fact of the matter is, half the people crying on this thread would not have the ***** to lay out $50k over MSRP on the GT3RS through a wire, sight unseen, without jerking the seller around, or begging their wives for approval. A 993 Turbo with 40k miles can pop up for $79k and these end user "enthusiasts" will still try having the car PPI'd when given the opportunity to buy. This is why dealers and "flippers" are able to acquire these cars for under market value - they are quick to act and do not waste people's times.
Old 10-10-2015, 06:31 PM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

WOW this thread has gone way past the limit of idiots, ********, & ppl asking for an ***-whoopin'.
Old 10-10-2015, 06:34 PM
tebbnsx
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get the idiots out of here! If you don't like the price then take your useless opinions elsewhere because well that's what they are, useless!
Old 10-10-2015, 06:38 PM
snabbgt3
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GDI
You may want to ****** up the one that just hit the classifieds for $265,000, then! But if you do, please offer Reenlist the first shot at it, 'k?
For clarification, that $265,000 offer is for a car advertised with "no options", no VIN yet, delivery "in January". If TRULY is spec'd with "no options", which would be unusually Spartan car (no lift, no head light upgrade, no fire extinguisher, no sound package, etc.) it would be at $175,900 to original buyer, not including gas guzzler tax and destination charge.

If asking price $265,000 that is $89,100 mark-up. Just saying. Also this for a VERY Spartan car, which may be great for some of us but for many others not as desirable. Obviously, options are very personal but I would prefer some of the options that this car is reportedly not ordered with.

Perhaps the poster in our RL Classifieds would allow an interested party to spec options WITH the option-associated cost added to the above advertised sale price ....
Old 10-10-2015, 06:43 PM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know this is the internet, but we should all carry ourselves like gentleman and with respect for our fellow man.

Or another way of saying it... John is in Texas. In Texas you don't #1 bad mouth Texas #2 bad mouth/disrespect a Texans woman. #3 Call a Texan a cattle rustler #4 Bring a man's character into question by calling or alluding to him being a Liar.

Son all of these are not tolerated anywhere in Texas as a southern gentleman with a wife from Texas I know these rules to be true.

Seriously, I also have spoken over the last few months with John. He has shown himself to be a very knowledgable sales professional. Straight fwd and gave me a no BS number on my 997TT that was much more reasonable than another PP offer I had.. he was actually higher $$ and much easier for me to complete. Actually, it was we will send you x. no worries we will pick it up and take care of shipping. I thought wow I don't mess around, but these guys are smoking fast on getting something done! That's how they get cars. PPL w/o the time and efforts to mkt low demand/high dollar vehicles have an easy option.

This dealership was also very nice when I went in a few times with smiling faces and the sales mgr was making sure all the customers were being properly attended to by the sales ppl. Not that everyone needs defending, heck some deserve having their feet put to the fire, but not in this case or these cars.

I wish everyone a good day.
Old 10-10-2015, 06:47 PM
tebbnsx
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Plus #1 for John and German_Saint, people with some actual "common sense"

Quick Reply: 2016 911 GT3RS 9 Miles