Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

Dealer Inventory 2016 Cayman GT4 - Just Arrived! Full Bucket Seats!

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2016, 08:16 AM
SWK6Cup

Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

Year: 2016
Make: Porsche
Model: Cayman
Mileage (numbers only please): 13
Options (Please check ALL which apply): Airbags, Air Conditioning, Alarm System, Antilock Brakes, Cruise Control, Foglamps, Intermittent Wipers, Leather Seats, Power Brakes, Power Door Locks, Power Windows, Traction Control
Color: Carrera White Metallic
VIN: WP0AC2A82GK191351
Price (no $ sign please): $121300
Private or Dealer Listing: Dealer Listing
Location (Region): NorthEast
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

Interesting, reading through this thread and the various GT3 /RS threads.
I am beginning my search for a replacement vehicle, and I can't forsee any circumstance where I would pay MORE than MSRP. Porsche, already has one of the highest profit margins on new cars, with their endless list of add-ons. Apparently that is not enough for some of the the dealers????WTF. But, I do not fault the dealers for trying to price their inventory at whatever price they choose (shortsighted, yes, IMHO). The RL market seems to be speaking pretty loudly (and here is my point):

the RL crowd is a passionate, very-informed crowd, who all have their fingers on the pulse of the market for a given model (GT3, GT3RS, GT4, plus the aircooled models), where they are located, configurations, etc,. It is beyond me why the dealerships continue to advertise on this site? It would seem that any "brand awareness" or dealership "relationships" are being eroded not fostered with sales strategy........

Correct me if I am wrong, but I suspect not one single Rl'er has read any of these ads and said, "WOW, there it is, I am on my way to pay above "sticker," or hey, my buddy is looking for a Porsche and I will tell him to hustle down there so he can overpay!

Anecdotally, I would suspect the opposite, all of us are sitting and waiting for prices to return to a more realistic starting point for any type of real sales negotiation. Once that takes place, then there will be many more actual sales...... and more RL'ers posting picks with smiles due to their new arrivals in their garages.

Just my humble .02....carry on......

Last edited by SWK6Cup; 02-18-2016 at 08:22 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-18-2016, 08:40 AM
Nurburger
Rennlist Member

Received 558 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by GSinghJDPorsche
I'm fairly new to Rennlist and the last thing I want to do is lose everyone's respect in regards to this situation.
Sorry, but you have decided to target a site that caters to an enthusiast community purely for profit.

Respect is earned around here - its not included in the sponsorship fees.
Old 02-18-2016, 08:46 AM
Freddie Two Bs
Drifting

Received 462 Likes on 294 Posts

Guys seriously why the lynch mob for this particular guy. Marked up GTx cars are posted here a few times a day every day. What's this guy done to deserve the shellacking.
Old 02-18-2016, 08:47 AM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 379 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by GSinghJDPorsche
The current market will dictate the pricing of the vehicles, and if there's a drop in pricing we will adjust the price accordingly. I will undoubtedly bring everyone's thoughts and opinions on this subject matter to upper management. It's hard to defend myself as everyone has some valid points.
Not to parallel this thread with one that could be started about my dealer where he rings me and says..."I have a car (GT4) where guy who ordered backed out...so you're up...and if you come in today, you can still tweak the option list. Sorry has to be MSRP as I have a bunch of deposits that I can't fill on this car as demand is pretty steep on these". Delivery May 20th - spec precisely on what we wanted.

It never ceases to amaze me what someone will - or won't do - for a bit of dough. Steady rain that soaks.
Old 02-18-2016, 08:57 AM
JZ98-993
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Country911
Interesting, reading through this thread and the various GT3 /RS threads. I am beginning my search for a replacement vehicle, and I can't forsee any circumstance where I would pay MORE than MSRP. Porsche, already has one of the highest profit margins on new cars, with their endless list of add-ons. Apparently that is not enough for some of the the dealers????WTF. But, I do not fault the dealers for trying to price their inventory at whatever price they choose (shortsighted, yes, IMHO). The RL market seems to be speaking pretty loudly (and here is my point): the RL crowd is a passionate, very-informed crowd, who all have their fingers on the pulse of the market for a given model (GT3, GT3RS, GT4, plus the aircooled models), where they are located, configurations, etc,. It is beyond me why the dealerships continue to advertise on this site? It would seem that any "brand awareness" or dealership "relationships" are being eroded not fostered with sales strategy........ Correct me if I am wrong, but I suspect not one single Rl'er has read any of these ads and said, "WOW, there it is, I am on my way to pay above "sticker," or hey, my buddy is looking for a Porsche and I will tell him to hustle down there so he can overpay! Anecdotally, I would suspect the opposite, all of us are sitting and waiting for prices to return to a more realistic starting point for any type of real sales negotiation. Once that takes place, then there will be many more actual sales...... and more RL'ers posting picks with smiles due to their new arrivals in their garages. Just my humble .02....carry on......

+1 6speedonline or other super car forums would be a much better sponsor investment for this type of strategy, no chance on rennlist...
Old 02-18-2016, 09:23 AM
Michael_s
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 27 Posts

Jack Daniels the last dealer in NJ I would visit. But only takes one to buy it. Prob best to not post this crap here. We are much more aware.
Old 02-18-2016, 12:32 PM
German_Saint
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I lose more respect for the Rennlist community based on the responses by it's members/visitors and not the vehicle advertisements listed for sale.

I disagree about the respect comment. Everyone here should receive the utmost respect as someone who is treated as a fellow enthusiast, peer, or friends & family. We shouldn't hide behind a screen and slam a new member who is trying his best & taking a venture (a rather expensive one imo) into marketing vehicles himself outside of sitting his *** in a building waiting for money to walk in & drop it in his lap.

Nothing is earned or gained only lost by our behavior in how we conduct ourselves with each other on the forum. Maybe I'm just the friendly person always looking at ways of making others successful and maybe helping myself along the way, but hey.. to each their own.

Last edited by German_Saint; 02-18-2016 at 01:09 PM.
Old 02-18-2016, 01:16 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by German_Saint
I lose more respect for the Rennlist community based on the responses by it's members/visitors and not the vehicle advertisements listed for sale. I disagree about the respect comment. Everyone here should receive the utmost respect as someone who is treated as a fellow enthusiast, peer, or friends & family. We shouldn't hide behind a screen and slam a new member who is trying his best & taking a venture (a rather expensive one imo) into marketing vehicles himself outside of sitting his *** in a building waiting for money to walk in & drop it in his lap. Nothing is earned or gained only lost by our behavior in how we conduct ourselves with each other on the forum. Maybe I'm just the friendly person always looking at ways of making others successful and maybe helping myself along the way, but hey.. to each their own.
You sound like you have low testosterone.....
Old 02-18-2016, 02:32 PM
Obturate
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I am not interested in this or any other GT4. However, if I were I might make an offer for an amount I thought the car is worth (to me). Following rejection of my offer, I would assume other people must want the car more than me. Simple, I understand, and it doesn't really hurt my feelings.
Old 02-18-2016, 02:43 PM
abcut973
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought the ADM on these used GT4 was $10k over MSRP ? When did it change?
OP that one is steep. GLWS
Old 02-18-2016, 03:19 PM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 107 Posts

This is stupid talk

Go complain to the people on this board all doing the same thing including guys selling 10k mile used GT3s for MSRP - it's the same logic
Old 02-18-2016, 03:23 PM
kennyvb
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

I have no problem with dealers or private sellers asking over MSRP; that's just the market. What I tire of are the stories that accompany many of the ads..."customer with cold feet" or "realized two seats aren't practical for a family man" type of excuses. If asked why you're selling...tell it how it is; you want to make money flipping the car (the premium you're getting is worth it to you more than owning the car)
Old 02-18-2016, 05:37 PM
Soup
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 29 Posts

Why the huge backlash and complete muggery for this guy? Because he's a 'new' dealer?

There was nowhere near this level of backlash when PNH listed the white RSA for 10k more from the other dealer's listing within the same week.

It's a silly market. Onus is on the end consumer to not tolerate this from any dealer.
Old 02-18-2016, 06:10 PM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts

I dont think the GT4 is worth $121,000. Even if it was the MSRP price. Hows that. And Im not a Cayman hater; Im a Cayman owner.
Old 02-18-2016, 07:02 PM
Freddie Two Bs
Drifting

Received 462 Likes on 294 Posts

Originally Posted by Soup
Why the huge backlash and complete muggery for this guy?
Exactly. Wtf. Marked up cars are advertised here every day.

Quick Reply: Dealer Inventory 2016 Cayman GT4 - Just Arrived! Full Bucket Seats!