Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2015 918 Spyder Dark Blue Metallic

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2015, 10:10 PM
blackboy
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Year: 2015
Make: Porsche
Model: Carrera GT
Mileage (numbers only please): 542
Color: Dark Blue Metallic
VIN: WP0CA2A18FS800717
Price (no $ sign please): $1350000
Private or Dealer Listing: Dealer Listing
Location (Region): Texas
Body Style: Targa
Transmission Type: PDK
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Other
Stereo System: AM-FM CD

This is all part of what has happened to the Porsche marque over the last 18 mos. They are no longer cars to be driven and enjoyed but investments for the speculators and well to do. The average person can no longer afford them except for the front engine models.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:10 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Cream
This shows a blatant disrespect for the buyer of this type of vehicle. Even a multi-millionaire would scoff at the allegation of "what's another few hundred $K" Your cars are overpriced by 30-40% - all of them I've seen on this board - the 356, the 997.1 GT3 RS, this car. It's annoying, it DOESN'T represent the market. I too am really turned off by these recent speculators/dealers posting nothing but way overpriced cars on Rennlist. Perhaps PNH should throw in some of that herb they're smoking with this 918 "deal"
I totally agree with your thoughts regarding the "what's another couple hundred thousand dollars". Let's flip the script and have that attitude when we all go in to buy a car at a dealer. Sticker price, $100K, how about I give you $75K? It's only a couple of thousand dollars right? So if I have it and you don't it's all ok? I think that the "starting point" mindset on listing a car from a private sale vs a dealer are strange too. Dealers just throw numbers out there to see if someone will let their emotions guide their purchase and spend over market value. Private sales tend to be more realistic in the ask a few % more than I expect to get to make my wife/ husband/ dog happy.

I enjoy when dealers are active on the forum but I don't necessarily like it when they use it as a marketing test. Maybe this is why dealer posts come and go over time. I think we burn them out by telling them how we really feel. Kind of like our reverse marketing experiment. I like the 918 but prefer older air cooled cars.
Old 03-04-2015, 03:20 AM
lae12345
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice car - the market will out. You don't get if you don't ask.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:48 AM
CAVU
Rennlist Member

Received 353 Likes on 259 Posts

For me, it's a work of art in many respects. Someone will buy that car soon. Maybe not a rennlist forum member. The market will set the price. Someone is carrying the cost of that car as it sits today at the dealership along with insurance and other overhead to run a dealership. Those are factors the dealer will consider, along with "Sell the Cars at a profit" mantra. If I were the dealer, I would absolutely put a big number out there. Why not. If we didn't have capitalism we would not see cars like this.

I for one appreciate it when the dealers post some of their cars. I get to see cars that are unusual and rare, at least in the eyes of the dealers...and individuals selling theirs.

Last edited by CAVU; 03-04-2015 at 08:07 PM.
Old 03-04-2015, 10:57 AM
nr1416
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Carry on, I'm enjoying this thread
Old 03-04-2015, 10:58 AM
The Saint
Intermediate

Has anyone complaining about the price made an offer?
Old 03-04-2015, 01:16 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 649 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by JWrightPNH
And I agree, the cupholder is a little expensive
Signature line ....
Old 03-04-2015, 01:24 PM
IXLR8
Rennlist Member

Received 649 Likes on 452 Posts

Originally Posted by JDHertz11
I totally agree with your thoughts regarding the "what's another couple hundred thousand dollars".
That is what a dealer once told me..."its only an extra few thousand".

So I said fine, no problem. Since it is "only an extra few thousand", I'm glad you don't mind dropping it by that amount then. I can play the same game. Should have seen the look on his face. I have cash...that is fluid...a car or something else isn't.
Old 03-04-2015, 04:21 PM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 703 Likes on 386 Posts

Funny and enjoyable reading. I am a member of a few other car forums and the same threads and conversations come up. Glad to see no different here. All the same comments for and against. Sure the dealers can ask whatever they want, for me it just makes them look like an organization that I would not want to deal with if that's your first impression. Same thing happened when I was in the market for a GT500. You had dealers that had "market allocations" on them for $5K to $20K over sticker. They would never deal because their attitude is some sucker will buy it and they are willing to sit on it for a while.

Others like the dealer I bought mine from sold it for under sticker because they wanted to move the car and gain a new customer. Funny how those GT500's sat until the new model came out and they ended up selling for less than sticker.

If you don't like the price or how the dealer is pricing the car, DON'T BUY IT. If enough people didn't put up with the nonsense, they wouldn't have an ability to even ask over sticker. There will always be someone selling for a fair price.
Old 03-04-2015, 05:57 PM
JDHertz11
Race Car

Received 67 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by The Saint
Has anyone complaining about the price made an offer?
Unless I'm misunderstanding this, it's not totally about the price, it's about the mindset/ attitude. At least that's what I'm referencing.
Old 03-05-2015, 02:46 PM
hamdog
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It'll be interesting to see how the car, gun, and other collectible markets are affected as the fed begins to raise interest rates later this year and other investment avenues open up again for the upper echelon.
The historic, significant cars will always have a place in a collector's garage. Modern cars including the 918 inevitably depreciate and maybe over 20-30 year period regain and exceed their value. For the near future though, new cars are depreciating assets.
Old 03-05-2015, 05:27 PM
leftlane
Rennlist Member

Received 424 Likes on 288 Posts

Compared to the $50k this dealer was asking for a 944 Turbo not long ago, this is downright reasonable (proportionally).

Next time I hear a dealer bellyaching about how they just can't make any money on car sales because of the interwebs I'm going to punch them in the shinbone. (I'm short)
Old 03-05-2015, 11:38 PM
Rick-A-Shay
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mr. Wright, Porsche Ambassador is one smart fella. A single post, for a very expensive and exotic car, now has received over 4,900 hits on this post. What a way to market and spread the word. Doubt that many would pass thru his showroom!
Old 03-06-2015, 10:12 AM
ask328
Rennlist Member

All this hate with the dealers - Whats wrong with a dealer making a 30-40% margin on a hot car in a hot MKT - how do high end car dealers do when MKT's go down / crash.

Care to discuss the margins that many of these people that buy these cars make in their business's?

I to can't stand this MKT and it annoys me to no end - I keep seeing cars I want go up 25% - 75% - 200% But it's not the dealers fault.

Blame the FEDERAL RESERVE
Old 03-06-2015, 11:51 AM
blackboy
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ask328
All this hate with the dealers - Whats wrong with a dealer making a 30-40% margin on a hot car in a hot MKT - how do high end car dealers do when MKT's go down / crash. Care to discuss the margins that many of these people that buy these cars make in their business's? I to can't stand this MKT and it annoys me to no end - I keep seeing cars I want go up 25% - 75% - 200% But it's not the dealers fault. Blame the FEDERAL RESERVE
Total BS!

Quick Reply: 2015 918 Spyder Dark Blue Metallic