Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2011 GT3 RS 4.0 - 1 Owner - 214k MSRP - 558 Miles

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 05:06 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Year: 2011
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Mileage (numbers only please): 558
Color: Black/Black
Price (no $ sign please): $379900
Private or Dealer Listing: Dealer Listing
Location (Region): Midwestern
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM Radio

Originally Posted by secretcollector
Not sure why one can think the ceiling sits at current CGT pricing - there were more than twice as many CGT's made as 4.0's.
Not that I agree/disagree with them, but I can see where people are coming from (in terms of thinking the ceiling is the current CGT pricing) since the CGT's MSRP was dramatically higher than the RS 4.0's.
Old 11-03-2013, 05:19 PM
secretcollector
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

For collectors, the MSRP matters only to set the value within the range of that exact car. Meaning that within the spectrum of 4.0's, a 1,000 mile car with a $190,000 MSRP is worth much less than a 1,000 mile car with a $210,000 MSRP.

However, when you move outside of a particular car and try to compare MSRP's, it doesn't hold any currency. Meaning, the original MSRP of the CGT has no bearing on what a CGT is worth today, any more than the original MSRP of a 4.0 does. The market for these cars exists independent of their original cost.
Old 11-03-2013, 05:21 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

For collectors, the MSRP matters only to set the value within the range of that exact car. Meaning that within the spectrum of 4.0's, a 1,000 mile car with a $190,000 MSRP is worth much less than a 1,000 mile car with a $210,000 MSRP.

However, when you move outside of a particular car and try to compare MSRP's, it doesn't hold any currency. Meaning, the original MSRP of the CGT has no bearing on what a CGT is worth today, any more than the original MSRP of a 4.0 does. The market for these cars exists independent of their original cost.
+1

Could not agree more. Unfortunately, most people don't get this.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:07 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,487 Likes on 2,271 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche.collector
Im surprised by this.."going out of the country"...where to? In Europe 4.0s are cheaper..

Nonetheless, this is a beautiful car..we are now close to C-GT pricing...I think that this must be it. I cant see that a 4.0 should-can be worth more than a C-GT. Already at 3x times price of an 3.8..

Lets see how this evolves - good luck also to the Irsinghausen tream with this sale..you have a true masterpiece there..
asia is a MUCH larger consumer mkt than anywhere else in the world. the wealthy are well. beyond imagination. some actually print their own money.
Old 11-04-2013, 04:20 AM
P_collector
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
asia is a MUCH larger consumer mkt than anywhere else in the world. the wealthy are well. beyond imagination. some actually print their own money.
Yes I know that about ASIA..but ASIA was not the biggest 4.0 market (in fact quit ethe contrary)..so I would be surprised if now - 2 years later - everybody there wants to have a 4.0..

Anyway, I guess you know what your talking about...I just wasnt aware of this..
Old 11-04-2013, 04:27 AM
P_collector
Burning Brakes

you are fully correct..however, the C-GT was a complete "new supercar" design..besides the steering wheel nothing in common with a 911. The 4.0 is based on the 997 GT3. The main problem of the C-GT is that they produced too many - AGREED-..there were more C-GTs then 997 GT2s for example.

In the end the original MSRP doesnt matter so much, its more about simple "demand & supply"...correct..but still I believe that when surpassing the threshold of the C-GT..many people will start to get "some stomach pain"..."hang on - is the 4.0 really more fun - more desirable than a C-GT"?

Time will tell..
Old 11-04-2013, 07:23 AM
mepps
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

most true statement ever....its worth what someone is willing to pay!
Old 11-04-2013, 07:29 AM
zirrah
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It's up on cars.comit won't last long now I bet
Old 11-04-2013, 01:12 PM
GeoffJr@Isringhausen
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for all the comments guys! Here are a few more photos of it for your viewing pleasure.

Old 11-04-2013, 03:23 PM
Augustomf
Rennlist Member

Last Mezger engine, great car and Great Investment return.

I tried to convince my wife that buying it when it came out was like buying 500 shares of GOOG at 400, but she would not have any of that!!!! Just kidding.

Question for the more savvy, does he have to report capital gain tax???? I do not see people getting capital loss credit when selling a car for a loss, so why should he pay for a gain? Or if so, could one offset by selling another for a loss at the same time, say he had a 996 for sale?
Old 11-04-2013, 03:49 PM
DK964T
Instructor

Originally Posted by Augustomf
Last Mezger engine, great car and Great Investment return. I tried to convince my wife that buying it when it came out was like buying 500 shares of GOOG at 400, but she would not have any of that!!!! Just kidding. Question for the more savvy, does he have to report capital gain tax???? I do not see people getting capital loss credit when selling a car for a loss, so why should he pay for a gain? Or if so, could one offset by selling another for a loss at the same time, say he had a 996 for sale?
I believe you would only if your primary business is buying and selling cars. Regarding real estate you're able to make up to 250k on your primary residence before paying cap gains.
Old 11-04-2013, 03:53 PM
rossdono
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fantastic car. Future collectible for sure.
Old 11-04-2013, 05:48 PM
leftlane
Rennlist Member

Received 424 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by DK964T
I believe you would only if your primary business is buying and selling cars. Regarding real estate you're able to make up to 250k on your primary residence before paying cap gains.
Perfect, since this car would have to serve as my primary residence.
Old 11-04-2013, 06:02 PM
FFaust
Nordschleife Master

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by DRPM
^
+1
Market is what it is.
Was going to e-mail you this thread, but I guess that I don't have to.

6 GT3 for the track isn't such a bad idea.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:40 PM
Perk10
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Everyone speaks of this car as an investment but how much would you make really? I mean at the end of the day there are other things to invest in.

This car should be bought and DRIVEN!!

Quick Reply: 2011 GT3 RS 4.0 - 1 Owner - 214k MSRP - 558 Miles