Notices
Vehicle Marketplace - Old A place for Rennlist Members & Sponsors to sell their new & used vehicles.
Mark this thread as Unsold
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Cont. Porsche Models:

Mileage (numbers only please):

Color:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (Region):

Transmission Type:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price (no $ sign please):

Private or Vendor Listing:

Location (Region):

Item Condition:

2007 Carrara White GT3 - 37K miles - $77K

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2018, 03:26 PM
idlook2
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

Year: 2007
Make: Porsche
Model: 911
Cont. Porsche Models: GT3
Mileage (numbers only please): 37000
Color: Carrara White
Price (no $ sign please): $77000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (Region): Midwestern
Body Style: Coupe
Transmission Type: Manual - 6 speed
2 or 4 Wheel Drive?: 2 Wheel Drive
Engine Type: Fuel Injection
Stereo System: AM Radio

Originally Posted by Jlopez55
Any insight on how the DME report looked?
DME was clean in all ranges.
Old 05-18-2018, 03:47 PM
woodyTPA
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to say that reading through these posts, I am dismayed and disappointed at the written behavior of adults regarding the purchase of a piece of metal. The OP was a busy physician, as I am, and I really don't have time for whining Rennlisters who want a perfect car with every detailed mechanical anything done to it documented and notorized, 150 pictures, and want me to stay home and wait for them to arrive at my house, waste my time, all for what??? MOOTY has the right idea, as does the OP of this GT3. Skip the forums, and dump the car at a dealer. Walk away with a check. Isn't that really the point of selling a damn car???!!! I will NEVER list my GT3 (with a self imposed and self requested rebuilt tranny, and other preemptive engine mechanical items performed for safety on the track that I visit three times a year), ON THIS FORUM!!! Grow up and do something else with your time!!
Old 05-18-2018, 03:53 PM
3_PDLS
Rennlist Member

Received 251 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by woodyTPA
I have to say that reading through these posts, I am dismayed and disappointed at the written behavior of adults regarding the purchase of a piece of metal. The OP was a busy physician, as I am, and I really don't have time for whining Rennlisters who want a perfect car with every detailed mechanical anything done to it documented and notorized, 150 pictures, and want me to stay home and wait for them to arrive at my house, waste my time, all for what??? MOOTY has the right idea, as does the OP of this GT3. Skip the forums, and dump the car at a dealer. Walk away with a check. Isn't that really the point of selling a damn car???!!! I will NEVER list my GT3 (with a self imposed and self requested rebuilt tranny, and other preemptive engine mechanical items performed for safety on the track that I visit three times a year), ON THIS FORUM!!! Grow up and do something else with your time!!
LOL, your missing a few important points...

1) The OP listed the car saying he WANTED to sell to an enthusiast on here.
2) AND then he didn't.
3) He reneged on the deal with idlook2 WASTING HIS time.

I'm sorry but the OP's behavior here is questionable, not anyone else posting in this thread.
Old 05-18-2018, 04:03 PM
vbb
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

No dog in this fight as I saw the ad well after the line was probably 10+ people deep and I'm passively (not actively) shopping for something like this, but while a bit of curious behavior on the buyer's part, I can kind of see his point. He was offered $77K as is from a dealer, but initially decided to pass that price along to a Rennlister. The explosion of interest was probably a bit much for him, but he did work with the first few people in line. As all of us are, we are very discerning buyers, and just like someone above mentioned, he got a bit of cold feet about selling to a fellow enthusiast knowing the car probably needed a little work, and just decided to sell it to a dealer after all. The 1st in line buyer was the one that told the guy to go ahead and sleep on it, and that was probably not only for the seller's benefit, but because the buyer was having some 2nd thoughts after seeing the car in person and having it checked out. The only complaint I'd have is that the seller sold it to the dealer without giving the original buyer the last chance to close the deal.

Yes, the dealer is going to put maybe $4K-$5K into the car and then list it for $90K, hoping to sell it for maybe a $5K profit. For most of us that would have purchased the car, we would have probably put a few thousand into freshening it up a bit too, so the overall "savings" wasn't really that significant. I sold my previous higher mileage 997.1TT to a dealer after going round and round with a potential buyer who wanted two PPIs and all sorts of credits/concessions for things he didn't like about the car (and I had already done a lot of the major items like brakes and pinning the coolant lines). The whole experience made me realize that oftentimes it's just easier to sell to a dealer if they're offering within a few thousand of what you could realistically get on the private market.
Old 05-18-2018, 04:20 PM
3_PDLS
Rennlist Member

Received 251 Likes on 111 Posts

@vbb all good points. And no issues for him to sell to a dealer; selling private party is not for the faint of heart. I guess it's just the way he went about it.
Old 05-18-2018, 04:34 PM
idlook2
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by vbb
No dog in this fight as I saw the ad well after the line was probably 10+ people deep and I'm passively (not actively) shopping for something like this, but while a bit of curious behavior on the buyer's part, I can kind of see his point. He was offered $77K as is from a dealer, but initially decided to pass that price along to a Rennlister. The explosion of interest was probably a bit much for him, but he did work with the first few people in line. As all of us are, we are very discerning buyers, and just like someone above mentioned, he got a bit of cold feet about selling to a fellow enthusiast knowing the car probably needed a little work, and just decided to sell it to a dealer after all. The 1st in line buyer was the one that told the guy to go ahead and sleep on it, and that was probably not only for the seller's benefit, but because the buyer was having some 2nd thoughts after seeing the car in person and having it checked out. The only complaint I'd have is that the seller sold it to the dealer without giving the original buyer the last chance to close the deal.
I think this is pretty accurate.

Quick Reply: 2007 Carrara White GT3 - 37K miles - $77K